Search

Servo problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Servo problems

Im hoping I can find some help in here.

Just finished my SC10 4x4 build and cant seem to get the servo to work correctly. When I turn the truck on the servo sticks to the left and continues its "high pitched" buzz. Ive dug through all the settings on my controller and cant seem to figure out what is wrong. I searched Google and this site and cant seem to find this exact problem in a thread but did find some issues that are close- like the brownout issues, but this is a constant issue and not random when turning.

Setup:

Savox 1267sg
Spektrum DX3S
Spektrum SR3300T
Castle SCT Sidewinder combo

I have the Spektrum cap that a handful of people suggested to get in the brownout thread, which is plugged into the aux slot- not sure if that is correct? If its supposed to be in the aux port its not helping at all.

If this can be corrected and not cost any more money that would be great- ANY help at all is MUCH appreciated.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Did you center the servo before installing it with the trim at 0 or neutral ?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
Did you center the servo before installing it with the trim at 0 or neutral ?
this is my thought also^^, my truggy did this last week at a race right before main, i was freakin out, i re binded my radio and receiver and all was fine, also make sure you turn radio on first and then car.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hmmm.. Double check the leads on the rx capacitor. I was going to post that you needed one of those as that is the EXACT symptom I had with a savox 1268T/tekin rs until I installed the cap. Ok.. rephrase, not exact. Mine would power up, cycle the speed control showing it was fine, and then I could turn the wheels 3-4 times before it threw the lower power code on the esc.

Cap fixed a "very similar" issue on mine. From what I've been told you can put the cap on any open connection as it just backfeeds it.. although, I DO have mine connected to the bat/bind plug in my rx.

Just double check your cap is in good shape.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Oh wait.. wait a minute..

Here is something I had to do way prior. When I first picked up my spektrum dx3r I had to go into the settings and recalibrate the potentiometer.. how the heck you spell it.. anyway, let me check my radio for the area of the setting.

go to your LIST; then down to RESET; then parameters; then YES; then move your wheel all the way left, all the way right, pull trigger, push trigger.. you will see all the meters identify the endpoints and from there you may be good to go.

Try that AND post if you went through the proper procedure for centering your servo horn.. either could be the culprit or a combination.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the help!

I am pretty sure I centered it correctly but I bet that is the issue. I will check the settings on my controller when I get off work and post back up what the deal is.

If the servo is not centered and I have to pull the whole thing apart to recenter it im buying a new servo that "fits" in this damn truck.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

It was just the centering. Got it re-centered still in the truck without having to break it all down.

Thanks for the help guys.