Wiki Posts
Search

New Here from Philly

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New Here from Philly

Hi All brand new to site, glad to be here

Just going through my old toys, I found all of my old racecars. Brought back memories so I decided to try to get back into the hobby. I got 3 or 4 that are able to still run maybe more but here they are. So this is where I left off back in the early 90's

Tamiya Fox (my first and needs a bit of work to just reassemble it.

Kyosha Maxxum FF (Still ran great last time I ran it, was very fast and Front wheel drive.) Edit for correct name

Team Losi JRx-T (Only ran a few hours until Stearing arm on cracked, But great condition)

Team Associated RC 12L (Last time I ran it, it worked great and clocked it around 45mph)

Tamiya Falcon (was taken apart for parts, from last I remember)
Tamiya Porsche 956 (Needs much work)

Anyway That is where I left off and now gona get as many as I can in working order again and make some new purchases on gas ones.

I will take photos as I go along. I still have crates full of old parts and such, gona have some fun.

Last edited by mrbeno; 06-21-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
cool stuff dude . are you actually in the city? i am located about 45 mins north of philly in the topmost part of bucks county
Old 06-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the welcome,

I am in Bucks County as well, right around the Jamison area. I am so pshyched, but been busy the past couple of days after I decided to spark up my favorite hobby of all time, I did not go through everything yet. But found the cars in their last condition and my tubs of parts. But over the next week I am gona dig everything out of the basement and will place photos. I have some original boxes still and even decals I think, I always painted them my way.

My main thing I want to do is to get the Maxxum FF up and running (With youtube footage and my good old the JRx-T) which was never really ran because I was leaving for college at the time in th3 90's and the (L shaped) stearing arm broke off fromt the servo. I also need to pick up some new battery packs as well and clean/restore everything. I still got the old Futaba Magnum's and such but also got to look at getting a charger.

But glad to be here

PS I even found my old Capsela 500 toys
Old 06-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Yea i'd love to see pics. I googled it and jamison is about 30 mins SE of Perkasie where i live. Lake nokamixon is like 5 mins from my house just to give you an idea of where that is
Old 06-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah not to far, Just waiting for the kid to go to bed then gona start taking photos and such. But probably won't get to the bulk of it for a week or so, gona just take photos of the RC 12L and Team Losi JRX-T and after some Maxxum FF shots. I made the Maxxum a street car back in the 90's with slicks, that car smoked tires so awesomly, you will see in the upcoming photos how worn the slicks were in the front and turned on a dime. And I think I still have the original knobbys somewhat in tact.

I also bought the Kyosho neon orange and green rims with other parts back over 20 years ago. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Welcome man.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Initiate

I took some photos here tonight. I want to bypass these stupid photstealing site soon I made them small but it is just the photos I made when they are dusty and notice the Futaba MC112B it was one of the first for reverse. All my other had this speed controler for a bit but then Novak came to my ateenstion the Novack T1-x (I think that is what is was calleded) was a beast.

Sorry having issues posting photos

Last edited by mrbeno; 06-21-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Can not post photos especialy with URL option
Old 06-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

You need 10 posts before you can post links or pics
Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks, until the 10th post, I will talk of some history

I bought my first RC car back before the fox, bu it was a Turbo Hopper, cool car back then but it ate up "double A's" I think they were about 8 of them.

Then my old man realized that it cost alot, and the kid down the block's father bought him a Team Associated RC 10 (the Hobby shop built it for him, because he had more money)

Then my Birthday came around and my Father bought the the Tamiya Fox... which was awsome that day for my Birthday. Bur unfortunatly it was a rainey day and couldnt drive it.

But the next day it was the best, but the one real problem with fox was that the steering locked up due to a Tamiya default (which the hobby shop that built it... did not tell us.) That is when I got into building my own

The soution was the L Shaped Bridge in both of the Tamiya Fox's bottom struts. The Tamaiya Fox was a very fast car back then in the era, but the default was really bad.

Sorry Mod, but I am really passionate about my old hobby and I just want to share my joy from decades in the past!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

You could even find other threads to give your 2 cents and when you have 10 posts come back here and put up your pics. Did you ever get to have one of the old associated buggies with a gold plastic chassis?
Old 06-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah gona read up on the other threads, thanks for the help. Also gona take some more photos today and start the remodling. Gona be fun taking apart the trans and cleaning.