New SC10

Old 06-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New SC10

Let me start off by saying I am new to RC Cars. I have always been into them, I just never took the plunge into actually buying one. I originally was set on purchasing a HPI Cup Racer, but decided I will get more use out of a truck platform.

I have no intentions of racing, this is just a project I can do with my dad, since he just had bypass surgery. Plus I get to have fun with it when its all done.

Anyway I ordered the SC10 kit today, and a Futaba 3PL. Hopefully so far I made some decent decisions.

However I am a little overwhelmed with Servo and Motor Options, so I am turning to you guys.

Servo wise I am trying to keep it around 50.00 from my research I think I want a High Torque servo is this correct? Any any recommendations, the two I looked at were the Futaba S3050, and S9202?

As for the motor I want a brushless system and the Novak combos that are around 150.00 seem to be a good deal. How are the Havic 1S/SS, and Spec combos? I was looking at the 17.5, but I have been looking over the PDF Manual for the car and see it also shows 13.5 and 10.5 as options. Could someone break down the pro's and con's of each.

Thanks
Old 06-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I would recommend a epic 17.5 with a tekin rs. This will give you a lot of options as you're starting off. But, it might be a littlle pricey for your budget that you stated. It would probably cost somewhere in the ballpark of 220. Just a suggestion
Old 06-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

since your not racing, I would go with the fastest I can get...... thats just me.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I picked up a couple of items,

Futaba S3305 Servo, I still need to verify the correct spacer. (Anyone know I think its the thin)
Tekin RS ESC
Tekin Redline 10.5 Motor

I also ended up ordering a different kit, the SC10 FT because I had a coupon and it ended up being only a 50 dollar difference between the standard and FT.

It seems the FT can handle faster motors, but I will stick with the 10.5 for now.