R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone

Old 03-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default few questions .. lipo + racing.

1. I was at work with my 8ight and i run lipos... now i charged my battery monday, didnt use it til wed. but it also sat in the cold car for 4 hours.
the guys at work say that lipos do not discharge like that, it will run full blast until it dies.. there is no way that is true! i can tell when im getting low on battery with my lipo... answer?

2. I raced a E-revo brushless and out of the gate i got him on the hole shot.. but then he out of nowhere and waxed me.. he is running 2- 3s lipos in it. im running a 3s in my 8ight.. more info??

please anyone with decent knowledge on either subject/question, i would appreciate a response... thanks!
1crazywhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1crazywhiteboy View Post
1. I was at work with my 8ight and i run lipos... now i charged my battery monday, didnt use it til wed. but it also sat in the cold car for 4 hours.
the guys at work say that lipos do not discharge like that, it will run full blast until it dies.. there is no way that is true! i can tell when im getting low on battery with my lipo... answer?

2. I raced a E-revo brushless and out of the gate i got him on the hole shot.. but then he out of nowhere and waxed me.. he is running 2- 3s lipos in it. im running a 3s in my 8ight.. more info??

please anyone with decent knowledge on either subject/question, i would appreciate a response... thanks!
First, you shouldn't full charge a lipo until you're ready to use it. Storage charge them if they'll sit for more than a day or so.

Second, it sounds more like you have motor heat issues than lipo problems. Check your motor temps.
mahamoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Lipo doesn't perform its best when its cold. Try keeping it warm (bring it inside with you) and see if that makes a diff. Plane guys that fly in the cold keep their lipos in their shirt pocket inside their jackets to keep them warm.
Duster_360 is offline   Reply With Quote