Wiki Posts
Search

Castle ESC cutout

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Castle ESC cutout

I race an SC10 with the Sidewinder SCT combo and Lipo packs. Occasionally, if I land heavily after a large jump, I lose throttle completely for maybe 10 or so seconds. Steering is fine, it is just the motor. I suspect that something is causing the ESC to re-boot. My first thought was a loose connection, but I cannot see anything loose. Is it worth swapping out the receiver? Could something there be causing an issue?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If yoiu've been tru the connections and are satisfied its not one of them causing the prob, try swapping the rcvr. If that doesn't fix it, then its time to call Castle, seems you might have a connection prob in the esc.

Just curious, but have you looked at the esc LEDs when the power's gone? There may be a clue in what the LEDs are saying.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply, trying a new receiver is my next step. The problem I have with looking at the LEDs is that by the time I get to the truck from across the track, the ESC has booted up again and throttle is restored.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this happened to me last night at my local track and i instantly thought about your post. i also run a castle setup. i figured out why mine did it. i borrowed a battery from a friend while mine was charging. his was pretty beat and the bannana plugs that go into the lipo wern't tight anymore and any impact would cause one of them to lose connection and reset my esc. check that out on yours. (assuming you are running a lipo as well that it)