Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi XXXNT problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi XXXNT problems

Hello, I'm new here and having a problem with a Losi XXXNT RTR. I've had this truck for around three or four years now but it's been in my building for a year and a half since I moved. I remember it quit the last time I was running it but I don't remember what all I did before or after it quit. My problem is that I can't get it to tune it. Basically if I set the needles back to Losi's specs I can get it to idle but as soon as I give it fuel it dies with lots of fuel, not smoke blowing out of the exhaust. I read in another forum about pinching the fuel line off and listening to the idle and I adjusted the low speed needle down until there was just only a little idle increase before it shut down. After this I tried it again and same thing, if I give it full throttle and hold it it will run for a second and then die. If I full throttle it and let it off it will die almost right after I close the throttle. My air gap and servos are set so that it won't close off any more than at idle when I apply the brake. I started adjusting the high speed needle down and and didn't get any change until all of a sudden now it won't start or idle! I checked glow plugs and my glow plug igniter (which was running low so I switched out the battery), and still the same thing. After messing with it a lot more I discovered it wasn't getting any fuel. I have only been turning the set-screws in an hour at a time and it was continually overfueling until now nothing. Does this sound like my needles could be messed up? When I first got it out of the building I couldn't get it to start at all until I tore the engine down and cleaned everything, then I got it runing but it has never been right. Even when I was running it after cleaning it would act like it was overfueling shutting off at random times. Any ideas or anyone run into anything like this before? Thanks for any help!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Update

Ok, I may have found the problem and I say may because I haven't actually tried to change anything out on this yet but...I forgot to mention that I have an electric starter on this thing... now not a starter box but a team losi sport electric starter. It uses an adapter plate where your pull starter normally goes. Now, I'd noticed that fuel was leaking from this earlier but thought it was just where I flooded it. I'm used to gas and diesel engines where an intake leak almost always results in lean conditions so I dismissed it as the cause of my problem. What I'm wondering though is if the leak is big enough to feed air into the engine through this adapter plate while fuel is forced from the carburetor from the exhaust pressure if the fuel is pooling inside the engine and then just flooding out the combustion chamber when the throttle is open all the way and air enters through the carburetor instead of just the side plate. Before I go buying parts to decide if this is it, I was curious if anybody had ever had a similiar flooding experience that was traced back to air leaks? Thanks for any help you can give.