Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
need help please >

need help please

need help please

Old 02-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Default need help please

hi guys have a problem i just bought me a 3s lipo battery for my rustler vxl and new gears for my transmission and when i drive my rc car it don't move really fast like it should but the back tires balloon up real big as if it has tons of power any ideal what it could be ?
Old 02-13-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

I am not familure with your exact RC so these are just general trouble shooting questions:

Does the front wheels move freely if you spin them by hand (applies if your RC is 2wd)? If not, then it may be acting like a parking brake.

Does it move if you give it a push while giving it some throttle? If so, then you do not have enough torque to get it moving while stopped.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadowm891
hi guys have a problem i just bought me a 3s lipo battery for my rustler vxl and new gears for my transmission and when i drive my rc car it don't move really fast like it should but the back tires balloon up real big as if it has tons of power any ideal what it could be ?
It's perfectly normal, especially with soft tyres. Make sure you mount your tires properly or they may fly off when you are bashing.....
Old 02-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Im no expert but what gears did you get/change in your transmision? Did you change anything else when you change your battery? These might help figure out what happened.
mark
Old 02-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

my gears are 76t / 48p and the small gear says 27 on it only thing i did was buy the gears and the lipo nothing else. another question if the slip clutch bolt is not tight right can this cause this problem to just wondering because i took it off to replace the gearing. if so how would i go about adjusting the clutch.

Last edited by shadowm891; 02-13-2011 at 05:34 PM.