R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone

Old 12-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default cowboy's stupid question thread...

I figured this'd be the best way to keep all the stupid stuff I come up with organized. Bear with me if my questions are ridiculous but i'm relatively new to large scale RC...

I have a few broken servos that i'd like to combine to make a working one. One is a working Spectrum 590 that the mounting ears have been cut off and the other is some stock HPI servo that has stripped gears. I can swap the ear mounting off the stripped gears one relatively easily but I'm wondering if I can speed up the transit time of the mid torque Z590 by swapping pcb's in the servos.

Is it the pcb that affects transit time or is it a combination of motor and pcb?

Thanks in advance...
Old 12-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Il sell you a stock hpi servo for $10. And it works.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Tech Adept

you can scratch answering that last one....cases arent the same size and the gears wont swap out.

Im not going to buy another servo that'll just break...thanks though.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
Tech Adept

so im looking at trying my hand at f1 class...I've been doing some reading but some threads are just too long to grasp the full gist of what makes a good F1 chassis.

I've read that the F103 is faster than the F104 in the right tune and in the right hands...my question is why? It would seem that the more inboard battery of the F104 would promotoe better transition and keep the swing weight to a minimum.

Ive noticed HPI has an F1 model...how does it rate and does it compare? Parts easy to find?

How about the Corally F1...kind of has a saddle pack layout which from my experience with mini-z's would be very similar weight configuration to what im used to. How does it rate as an F1 chassis?

I've got an F201 but as I've been reading it's not really used in F1 catagory...kind of got screwed when i picked that up and didnt research in advance.

Any advice on what makes a quality performer in F1 class would be appreiciated.