Wiki Posts
Search

Rally help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Rally help

Hello RC Tech!

I bought a Losi 1/24 truck a few weeks ago and stuck a Lipo in it and I am now hooked on RC Cars!

I did some research and found out about the new 1/16 Rally from Traxxas and thought it would be a great car for me(driving) and my son(watching). This car is crazy fun! My issue is that it gets no traction on my street. Seems like this is a common issue with these Rally cars but when I read all the forums I cant seem to understand the lingo. I read that foam racing tires grab too much causing it to flip which is what I dont want but I do want it to drive around without spinning out. With both batteries in it I cant gun it at full throttle even if I roll it on.

I guess my question is can someone give me a link to the TC Touring tire web site? I do not know what TC stands for and end up looking at Scion TC wheels and tires. I don't think they'll fit LOL! Or if you have some ideas for tires that will allow this thing to hook up it would be a great help! I am also looking for some dirt tires as well. I have some good dirt parking lots around my house as well as the street. I am willing to buy a good tire set up for the street and the dirt.

Thanks in advance
Eddie

Also had a buddies Garmin taped on the roof and clocked it at 43mph with the 2 battery set up.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like someone suggested trying TC tires. If so, I would assume they mean 1/10 scale rubber Touring Car tires.

Like these maybe:
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=359&id=6413
Old 11-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieRC
Hello RC Tech!

I bought a Losi 1/24 truck a few weeks ago and stuck a Lipo in it and I am now hooked on RC Cars!

I did some research and found out about the new 1/16 Rally from Traxxas and thought it would be a great car for me(driving) and my son(watching). This car is crazy fun! My issue is that it gets no traction on my street. Seems like this is a common issue with these Rally cars but when I read all the forums I cant seem to understand the lingo. I read that foam racing tires grab too much causing it to flip which is what I dont want but I do want it to drive around without spinning out. With both batteries in it I cant gun it at full throttle even if I roll it on.

I guess my question is can someone give me a link to the TC Touring tire web site? I do not know what TC stands for and end up looking at Scion TC wheels and tires. I don't think they'll fit LOL! Or if you have some ideas for tires that will allow this thing to hook up it would be a great help! I am also looking for some dirt tires as well. I have some good dirt parking lots around my house as well as the street. I am willing to buy a good tire set up for the street and the dirt.

Thanks in advance
Eddie

Also had a buddies Garmin taped on the roof and clocked it at 43mph with the 2 battery set up.
tc = touring car
there r so many different compounds when it comes to tires it just a matter of what u r planning o doing with it
u mite want to go to ur LHS(local hobby shop) with the car and c if they mite have some tc tires and wheels or they mite b able to point u in the rite direction...ive been out of the tc scene for quite a few years so i havent been paying attn to them..lol.. but there will prolly b someone on here that can help point u in the direction
Old 11-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

See a lot of guys using these tires on their Rallys -

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ris-tires.html