Good 1/10th On Road for track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good 1/10th On Road for track ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Good 1/10th On Road for track ?

Hello I've recently felt the urge to come back to rc After a few years break. Just wondering what would be a good car to go for as I'm a bit lost. I did own an Xray NT1 when it first came out but had to sell before getting it on the track to buy my first real car Had a kyosho v one rr before that so I'm looking to get something a little mid range to high end.

So, what's a good kit for me to get, that spares aren't a real problem ?

Also, i'm looking to buy a second hand car because I'm only 18 and it's a long way to christmas Can anybody advise somewhere to buy aswell ?

Sorry for giving you my life story

All help appreciated
Old 09-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mtx4r
Old 09-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MasonUK
Hello I've recently felt the urge to come back to rc After a few years break. Just wondering what would be a good car to go for as I'm a bit lost. I did own an Xray NT1 when it first came out but had to sell before getting it on the track to buy my first real car Had a kyosho v one rr before that so I'm looking to get something a little mid range to high end.

So, what's a good kit for me to get, that spares aren't a real problem ?

Also, i'm looking to buy a second hand car because I'm only 18 and it's a long way to christmas Can anybody advise somewhere to buy aswell ?

Sorry for giving you my life story

All help appreciated
I also just got back into it after a 5 year break! I used to have a Tamiya TA05 and loved it. I decided to go with Tamiya's TA05v.2 kit. It's supposed to be good stock and there's a lot of upgrades if you want them. I can't really recomend anything else yet because I'm still building the v.2 and just got back into RC, but it is a lot cheaper than a lot of other cars. As for spares, I would check your LHS if they carry anything for Tamiya.. mine doesn't but I don't mind ordering online and I'm just starting to stock up on spares. my LHS carries mostly X-RAY and Losi brands.

I found some good US websites for parts I can send you if you do happen to decide on a TA05v.2.

I still don't really know much about these new(to me) brushless motors/ESC's or much about lipos or other brands of cars.

Check out http://www.towerhobbies.com/

They have a huge selection of cars and you can get kits in a combo that comes with battery/charge/remote.. everything else needed for the kit to run after right after building to start you out. Its supposed to be discounted prices on everything. I've had great service 2 out of 2 orders from them so far!

Also
www.speedtechrc.com

Hope some of this helps!