Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LiPo Newbie need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

E-revo r using trx plug which on the paraboard it's t plug so which adaptor can i use i been searching around but didnt find any
Attached Thumbnails LiPo Newbie need help-hcc_equipped.png   LiPo Newbie need help-paraboard_xh_resize.jpg  
Old 09-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Should be the one -

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ale-Ultra-Plug
Old 09-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

thx I found this site is cheaper
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=93

hmm so there actually few different paraboard depending what battery we use, why cant all battery company use the same adaptor -.-" so if I going to buy few different battery i gonna ne different paraboard ..

Im looking at PQ
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7161
Turnigy
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10285

any command? the price r so much different turnigy r like double+ the price of PQ..

I read a lot of page everyone saying 2s for blasting around, 3s for straight line n breaking part lol, can i just get 3s n set the speed to 50% when i ne the power then tune back to 100%
Old 09-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Lord

There are 4 types of balance connectors in use today and lipo industry is not going to 'standardize' on a single type so its not worth worrying over. It would make a lot of sense, but that doesn't have anything to do with the situation.

You can buy the Paraboard type for the lipos you have the most of and then use single type adapters for diff lipo balance connectors and use th esame board. Say if you got the JST-XH board and had a pr of 2S PQ lipos you wanted to parallel charge . You could buy a pr of these and use the JST-XH board -

http://www.rcaccessory.com/Hyptoalign2s.aspx

More than one way to solve the problem. Just be glad the Paraboard isn't $40 or $50 each....

HobbyKing lipos have gotten much better, but they still have QC probs with soldering internal connections inside the lipo and the bullets connectors on the main poiwer wires. I still see p[eople getting a ne wone that won't charge because teh voltag eis low. If you buy those, you need to be ready to deal with potential probs. I've bought a total of 7 lipos from them, 2S, 3S and 4S. Ive had one 3S arrive with a nearly dead cell, reading 0.28v. I managed to 'rescue' it cause I have a charger that charghes individual cells and that seems to have brought it back. I change power connectors anyway so thats not an issue for me. If your need for the lipo is critical, buy an extra. I wanted 2 3S 2200mah lipos for my heli so I bought 3 to be sure I had 2 good ones. They're cheap and its not expensive adding the extra. This time I got lucky and all 3 seem to be good.

I do use 'premimum' lipos, Neuenergys for rcs where I want to be sure the lipo has teh current to protect the esc. I do see these are diff that HK liopos in that the voltage is much better balanced between cells. My Neuenergy's rarely show cell differences of more that 3-5mv. I typically see 10-15mv diff or more with my HC lipos. The Neuemergy's are matched both for internal resistance and capacity and when assembled, act mor elike a single cell than the HC lipos do. I expect my Neus to last longer than the HC lipos.

Is that worth the price diff? Tough question.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

cool ^^ I remember u saying that we can run 2s + 3s =5s in revo, do we ne to changer any seting on esc or as long as the c n mah r same it'll work ?
Old 09-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Lord

No, the esc doesn't really care. There is nothing you need to set for 4S or 5S or 6S for that matter. The esc comes set for auto lipo at 3v/cell and this is too low. I have my CC2200 combos all set at 3.5v/cell. I would def get a Link or the Field card so you can change the lvc and protect your lipos.

As long as the lipos are the same mah and C rating you'll be fine. 5S is a lot of fun, it's not as insane as 6S but faster than 4S which seems tame after a while.