Wiki Posts
Search

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New Guy

Hey everyone.

So I've had a lot of free time lately and I was looking for something to get into and I came across RC. Me and a few friends decided we would buy RC cars and what not. Each one of us is doing our own thing but I need some help. I was looking for something like a "starter kit" with a chassis that I could build on , etc.

I came across a Combo package on rcmart which included a Tamiya TT-01D Impreza WRC 05 w/ESC and a yeah racing li-po battery 3600 mAh.

I'm not sure if thats a good for me or not. I'm also not sure if everything I need to get started comes with that package.

I'd greatly appreciate some help/advice.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:13 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

If you look at the bottom of the description, it lists the stuff you're gonna need to get it running. You'll need radio gear, a steering servo, battery charger, batteries for the radio and glue for the tires and paint for the body.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by K_B
If you look at the bottom of the description, it lists the stuff you're gonna need to get it running. You'll need radio gear, a steering servo, battery charger, batteries for the radio and glue for the tires and paint for the body.
Cant post links

I found a Combo Package (#CB0235) on rcmart titled "Basic Ready to Run Pack for Electricity Power Car (Radio + Battery + Charger) It includes a radio , servo , receiver , battery , and a battery charger.

Would this combo package be good enough ?

Also, what kind of glue is it exactly that is used for the tires?

And I have paint and I have an airbrush.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:13 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Ahhh... I did a google search based on your description which of course, brought up just the kit.

Anyway, that covers what you'll need to get going.

For glue, you can use garden variety super glue, but it's a good idea to use something like this:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...m-CA-Tire-Glue

It's expensive, but it's easy to work with and it just plain works. Regular super glue is usually too thick.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Rookie

So I just placed and order and with it I got some hop-up parts too. I'm actually pretty excited.

I ordered :

1) Combo (#CB0235) Basic Ready to Run Pack for Electricity Power Car (Radio + Battery + Charger) USD$130.70
2) 3Racing (#TT01-E35/V2/WO) Graphite Conversion Kit Ver. 2 For TT01/TT01E USD$85.90
3) Yeah Racing (#CK-TT01/E-BU) Conversion Kit (BU) for Tamiya TT-01 / TT-01E USD$228.00
4) Combo (#CB0346) Tamiya (#58349) 1:10 TT-01D Impreza WRC 05 W/ESC + FREE Yeah Racing (#LP-0036) Li-Po Battery 3600mAh

and the glue as you have specified.

Now perhaps you can help me. I want to find a particular body for this car but I have no idea where to begin looking.

What I'm looking for is a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX but like I said, no clue where to begin.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Looks like a decent combo to get you started. Keep in mind though, that charger in the package deal will not charge your free lipo. You will have to get a lipo charger for it.

Tamiya and HPI both have many bodies to choose from, not sure about the Evo IX, but I have seen the X around.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

where in jersey you from?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by burnineyes
Looks like a decent combo to get you started. Keep in mind though, that charger in the package deal will not charge your free lipo. You will have to get a lipo charger for it.

Tamiya and HPI both have many bodies to choose from, not sure about the Evo IX, but I have seen the X around.
Well I ended up dropping that combo and just went with the car kit instead considering the other combo kit includes a battery + charger. I also have seen the X but its ugly. IX > X.

Originally Posted by vstrok
where in jersey you from?
Sayreville