Wiki Posts
Search

Help please just to clear my doubts :blush:

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Help please just to clear my doubts :blush:

Hey guys! Just a quick question to clear my doubts. I just got a used Caster Racing MK2 Grenade engine. Still has a very good pinch and very good idling. And to a certain extend, a very good torque, if it can stay running. Having said that, when ever I tried to punch in the throttle, the engine just stalled for no reason. I have set it to factory settings, check for air leaks and in fact, I sealed it just to make sure. I tried leaning it out, richen it, and it still does the same.

And then today, just for the sake of changing the glow plug (engine using turbo plug btw), I changed it to a newer plug, and boom... idling is good, engine is running and i could accelerate without it stalling!. And there I was cursing and swearing . And then out of curiosity, i changed it back to the older glow plug (the one that came with the engine), and the engine runs! Suddenly everything is running smoothly! So guys, I'm not sure where I did wrong before this. Is it my tuning? is it the glow plug? Or is it the engine itself? Sorry for the long winded story guys. Cheers!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Hello,

Was the engine still warm from running with the good plug when you switched to the old plug?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

yup it has a good warm temp to it.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dashstryk3
yup it has a good warm temp to it.
The only thing I could think of is that the old plug was not up to the task of offering enough heat to get the engine up to temp and keep it running, but once the engine was warm and soaked with heat with the new plug, the old plug could provide enough heat to keep it going?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

I guess that should be it... I tried it a little while ago, and it stalls under acceleration with the older plug, while it was running good with the newer plug. By the way, the older plug is a hot plug while the newer plug is cold, and im running it with 25% Sidewinder