Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI NItro MT2 Carb/Linkage FUBAR!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default HPI NItro MT2 Carb/Linkage FUBAR!

Rookie here,

I have an HPI NItro MT2, just broke it in, and the nut connecting the lingage directly to the carb came off. I disassemble some of the linkage to reach the loose nut. I reassembled the linkage with the servos on. I have the break set correctly so the car will roll freely at idol and stop when brakes applied. I have the carb adjusted so it has a 1mm opening at idol......now when i apply the breaks the carb totally closes. Before i took it apart the carb didn't close when the break was applied. My servo is moving both
break and carb when i break. I reviewed my manual and i have all the parts in the right place. Am I an idiot? Is there an idiots manual to nitro? Do hobby shops fix cars for money? I feel like drop kicking my car..after 4 hours of screwing with it.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:50 AM
Tech Master

Alright. First, take off the linkage screw and remove the assembly. Then take off the carb linkage. Then close the carb as if it is in idling mode. Does it close all the way? If so, you have to adjust the idle screw till it opens up to your desired idle speed. Then before screwing back in the linkage assembly, pull back the carb linkage (not the brake). Then when it all the way back you can go(idle speed), put back the linkage assembly. Now is the time to adjust the brake.