Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shim/Bearing Sets for Tamiya?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Shim/Bearing Sets for Tamiya?

I've got a TB03R and I was wondering if someone could recommend a good place to buy kits of shims and bearings for the car. Just so I don't have to go through the web looking for each tamiya shim and bearing bag.

If some vendor puts together a pack, even if its not just for the TB03, that would be great.

Thanks,
RD
Old 04-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

best bet would be to check towerhobbies.com in parts for the car. they should have acer and tamiya bearings. if not rcmart.com should have some kits that probably would have frame mods and bearing kits. best bet is tower unless your hobby shop can special order a set for you
Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah I've found all the different 5mm, 6mm, 10mm shims and all the different bearing bags separately.

I was just wondering if someone put together a box of all the little bits like shims, bearings, eclips, spacers, and some extra screws or something so you could get on thing and have plenty, instead of ordering a bunch of little ones and maybe ending up not having everything you need.

But I guess its a long shot. Thanks for the help though.

Hey I'm from NJ! Long Branch. But now I live in Hawaii.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hawaii NICE!!! definately a step up from NJ lol never been to Long Branch.
but yea check rcmart.com. they should have kits and I'd say stay away from a yeah racing kit. they have everything your looking for plus aluminum frame and drive parts but the aluminum parts are HORRIBLE!!! too weak an bend easy