Community
Wiki Posts
Search

shock measurement

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default shock measurement

Hi figured I'd better post here in the rookie zone I'm planning to replace my shocks on my touring car its a lower end brand name car and I was told by someone in another forum that I'd be able to replace the shocks with HPI,Tamiaya or just about any brand name shock I'm not going to take this persons word for it.
But I'm sure on the other hand this will not be a big problem my question is when measuring the shocks would I want to remove one from the from and rear and measure from tip to tip with the shock extended fully?
And would I assume I would want the diameter measurement as well,right?
Thanks in advance
Old 03-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes pull off a shock from the front and rear and will need to measure them. Measure from the middle of the were the screw goes through the eyelid on either side with a digital caliper. That works best for me.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks buggyking just got my calipers about a week ago then had a death in the family haven't ordered shocks yet have been stuck working on repairing an urgle radio ended up having to take the steering wheel off of it and and jury rigging a solution for that.