Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with setup on Revo 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Need help with setup on Revo 3.3

Hello all, I have a Revo 3.3 and I'm looking for some good setup tips on it. The only thing I have done to it is put 17mm hubs on it and fresh Pro-line Bow-ties and dish wheels. Also a Traxxas wing. I have a limited budget so i would like to get the most out of this truck like it is. I'm not trying to go pro but I would like to be as competitive as I can on the track. My biggest issues is with suspension, slipper, and tranny. I have no idea how to set it all up. It has the stock carriers on it, not the long travel. It has the white dot springs on front and the green dots on back. I havent got to try this truck out on the track yet because I have only had it a couple weeks and it's been raining alot. It seems like the suspension is a little soft and it may bottom out easily but what do I know. Does anyone have some basic set-up tips without me having to go buy a bunch of expensive parts? I plan on buying parts here and there but for now, I need some tips on what I already have. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Need help with setup on Revo 3.3-awesome-revo.jpg  
Old 03-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

The Revo is the best truck for racing, just spend some time with it to get it setup correctly.

Drive the wheels off it at the track, log on as much quality time as you can, get to know the truck and it's handling characteristics as that is the only way to really now if you need to make setup changes.

Until then, try Traxxas' site for setup info. Slayden, Roberts, Battaile, Cordeiro, all fast guys that know how to setup the Revo.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
The Revo is the best truck for racing, just spend some time with it to get it setup correctly.

Drive the wheels off it at the track, log on as much quality time as you can, get to know the truck and it's handling characteristics as that is the only way to really now if you need to make setup changes.

Until then, try Traxxas' site for setup info. Slayden, Roberts, Battaile, Cordeiro, all fast guys that know how to setup the Revo.
Thanks, I appreciate your response. I'll check it out
Old 03-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

http://monster.traxxas.com

Lots of good, helpful people there as well as here, just more Traxxas oriented
Old 03-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

When I raced the revo, I had Orange springs up front with 45wt oil, and gold in the rear with 35-40wt oil. Thats pretty cheap and will get you handling better.

When you can spend a little, get the center diff and the rear brake kit, makes a huge difference