Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Would the Losi xxx-t be a good truck to start out with. >

Would the Losi xxx-t be a good truck to start out with.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would the Losi xxx-t be a good truck to start out with.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Would the Losi xxx-t be a good truck to start out with.

I love my slash but i seen these trucks run Saturday night and think they are pretty cool so i am looking at buying one of these also. I found one i just wanted to see if it is a good truck. thx
Old 01-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

I think the XXXT Would be a great truck to start out with.

You will see a huge difference in the handling over your Slash.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

i think its a great truck to start out with. the first time i went to the track i used my xxx-t and thats what i learned with. they are so easy to handle and great truck all around. i have a brand new body for the xxx-t im trying to get rid of. pm me if you want it. im not trying to sell it on this page cause i know your not supposed to but i was just throwing that out there.
good luck
Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've never raced a Stadium Truck before and when I got back into RC after being out of it for 15 years a buddy of mine showed me his Losi XXXT and let me drive it. I was impressed so I bought one of my own. I actually have 3 of them now and I just put one on Ebay that is complete RTR. I didn't need 3 of them.

I think it's a great truck. Parts are available, it's easy to work on, and if you set it up correctly, you'll really enjoy it.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

XXX-T is a great handling truck. Very competitive right out of the box!!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

since where on the XXX-T whats the set up on the diffs cause i know people that have mad power on the truck it self and there diffs are good but now me on the other had i can keep diffs in it for any thing there is clicking grinding or i spinn the balls right out of the diff but there is do ware and tear in the diff case if any one can help me out PM me please also if i loosen it a hair its to loose and half of what i had i tighten it half of a hair then its to tight somthing is not right but i havent even got new parts for it yet cause i dont want to deal with it any more thanks
Old 01-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bizkt Racing
since where on the XXX-T whats the set up on the diffs cause i know people that have mad power on the truck it self and there diffs are good but now me on the other had i can keep diffs in it for any thing there is clicking grinding or i spinn the balls right out of the diff but there is do ware and tear in the diff case if any one can help me out PM me please also if i loosen it a hair its to loose and half of what i had i tighten it half of a hair then its to tight somthing is not right but i havent even got new parts for it yet cause i dont want to deal with it any more thanks

Bizkt......that was the longest; most confusing run-on sentence I have ever attempted to read.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

T4 or rt5, better, and steer! no diff garbage you'll run into in the process of running your truck.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

so is there a problem with the diff's in these trucks
Old 01-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jfd152
so is there a problem with the diff's in these trucks
I've never had an issue with the diff's in my Losi's but I can only speak for myself
Old 01-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Personally I would choose the RC10T4 by Associated Electronics. In my opinion, it is the better stadium truck and finding parts for it is no issue.

That said, neither is a bad choice.

You will find there are 2 camps in 1/10 2WD Electric Buggy/Stadium Truck Racing. The Team Associated Camp & the Team Losi Camp. Different ppl swear by each brand for different reasons.

Just one small thing I'd like to point out...

The T4 has won more 1/10 Truck of the Year awards by the various magazines and has won more National Titles than the XXX-T.

Wanna guess which camp I'm in?
Old 01-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've never had a problem with the diff in my XXXT or with parts availability. I have the Losi truck because I got a good deal on it. If you get a good deal on an AE truck, then get that one. It's really up to you. Losi still makes the XXXT so parts are available. Also, the Losi Desert Truck which is pretty new is on a XXXT chassis.

I'm pretty happy with my XXXT. Never messed with an AE truck so I can't give my opinion on that.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I've driven both trucks - both are very good, with their own strengths and weaknesses. However, I give a slight edge to the Losi, since it seemed to have a little more rear traction.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bizkt Racing
Try some brand new diff balls, rings and bearings. Make sure everything is as clean as possible during assembly, and don't forget to break it in before running the truck. Break in is pretty simple - with the rear wheels in the air, grab one tire and give the truck a little throttle for 10 seconds, then grab the other rear tire and repeat the process. Tighten the diff a little if necessary, then place the truck on the track - if it slips, tighten it up a little at a time until the diff works smoothly without slipping.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

well i bought the truck. now i just hope that i can set it up when it gets here. May be jumping in a little over my head since I have only been in rc for about 2 weeks but they are pretty cool so i had to get one. Yup i am bit with the bug.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.