Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Newbie to the off-road 1/10 scene >

Newbie to the off-road 1/10 scene

Newbie to the off-road 1/10 scene

Old 12-15-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default Newbie to the off-road 1/10 scene

Any tips on what I should get would help? I have initially bought a Blitz SCT for the FUN class at L.I. Raceway and I recently (well, in the same week) aquired a Kyosho RB5 setup for spec racing from a good friend. Was this a bad move or am I heading in the right direction? any help and tips would be considered being the fact that 1/10 scale drifting is a hell of alot more different then racing on the dirt......

Thanx
Old 12-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You race at LIR? Cool. There's another track in the Northeast area called RCHR( my dirt home ) in Waterbury, CT; As well as RC Excitement in Fitchburg, MA. Also great indoor electric offroad facilities.

From what I see at RCHR, 2wd buggy is for the more experienced drivers. But, being the proud( very proud )owner of an RB5 SP myself, it is a great-handling buggy depending on what you put in there. So if you think you are ready, go for it!!!!

Hope this helps.

Last edited by taco94; 12-15-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default driving

I found driving a 2wd buggy to be alot like drifting Must need better tires.wd buggy is super fun and will help anyones driving skills.Even the pros still race 2mod around here! HAVE FUN.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FOURWHEELGURU
I found driving a 2wd buggy to be alot like drifting Must need better tires.wd buggy is super fun and will help anyones driving skills.Even the pros still race 2mod around here! HAVE FUN.
Yep, thought I would never buy a 2wd buggy, then I drove one, and now it's my favorite, and sometimes least favorite..But if I had to keep one car and sell the rest, it's the one I would keep--very challenging
Old 12-16-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

2wd buggy may well be the most frustrating thing you ever drive. If you can get good at driving that you'll probably be able to drive just about anything well.
That being said, the RB5 is a great choice and practice, practice, practice, is necessary to get better.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default Practice, practice, practice

You ain't kidding , I bought this RB5 from a good friend went out today and ran at L.I. Raceway for practice MAN WHAT A RUSH . It came equipped with a Novak GTB, SS4300 motor, Orion Platinum 4800 20c LiPo & a JR 9100t servo. He already had it tune for the track had extra weight in the front end which I removed till I get use to the car man it took me 10 minutes to do 2 laps LOL BUT, it looks like 2wd buggy won me over. It's true what you guys are saying I just got it a couple of days ago and I already devolped a love hate relationship with it. Thanx for the advice though guys
Old 12-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think that it is a step in the right direction. 2WD buggy will make you a great driver over all and it is a big step up from the sct.