Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Battery Help....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Duster_360
Batt connection is always female, it prevents shorting the batt, the male is on the esc.

So you odered from ProMatch and got a batt with a male deans installed? I'd be calling them back....let them fix it, they should make everything right, I'd be disappointed in them if they don't.

No, it's female but red is where black should be...the wires are actually switched and connected to the incorrect polarity.

I couldnt find a number...only an email, I emailed them but i havent heard back yet.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That makes a little more sense, but its still wrong. Glad you noticed that before plugging it into an esc and blowing it due to the reversed polarity!!Hopefully, they'll get back to you within a day or so. I looked, I don't see anything but the email either.

I've got a prob with Castle right now and haven't heard from them either, guess its a busy time of the year....
Old 12-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Initiate

That makes a little more sense, but its still wrong. Glad you noticed that before plugging it into an esc and blowing it due to the reversed polarity!!Hopefully, they'll get back to you within a day or so. I looked, I don't see anything but the email either.

I've got a prob with Castle right now and haven't heard from them either, guess its a busy time of the year....
No response...im cutting and soldering appropriately tomorrow and ordering different batteries...probably going to try team orion!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Lord

That's sad. I won't support companies with little or no customer service.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Initiate

That's sad. I won't support companies with little or no customer service.
I have heard they are good so I gave it another shot...this time I messed up and set the order up wrong when I submitted...forgot to add the assemble stick and 4" saddle jumper...I emailed them when. I realized it and emailed them...within 2 hrs they found my shipment and assembled it...

I was going to order without a connector so I would just solder it when it came in but I had to add a connector so I added the deans...

This time good service...still would like if they had a contact phone number too
Old 12-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Lord

The cells I have gotten from them have been very good, 7 cell Emaxx packs. Their products, at least the NiMhs, are top notch. They've been around for a while and it would be a shame to let the lack of customer service degrade their rep.

Glad they were on top of it this time.