R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone

Old 12-04-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Noob trading question

hi, i'm new to this site n just wondering if i'm doing a trade with someone from other countries through here. Is there any guarantee that the other side would send the stuff? or if that happens what is the option i can do? or it's just bad luck? lol
cielo1889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

No there is no guarntee that you will get what you traded for and if you don't then there will be nothing you can do you will just be out your stuff if you are looking to trade the best thing to do is make sure you are dealing with a member that has really good feedback
CrazyFast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

+1 about the need for good feedback!

The other thing you can do is see if your trader will ship 1st, then get tracking and confirm that its actually on the way. They you can ship. Of course, he can still send you a brick or something so there's no guarantee this method is any better.

Trades are very risky, do so at your own risk, knowing if something goes wrong with the deal, you're basically stuck since its out of the country.
Duster_360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
The other thing you can do is see if your trader will ship 1st, then get tracking and confirm that its actually on the way. They you can ship.

I never get the "trader ship first" bit.
What makes you think the other guy would be willing to ship his stuff to this guy that's at least just as unknown an entity?
justanotherdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cielo1889 View Post
hi, i'm new to this site n just wondering if i'm doing a trade with someone from other countries through here. Is there any guarantee that the other side would send the stuff? or if that happens what is the option i can do? or it's just bad luck? lol
frankly, you're trading in the dark. the other guy doesn't know you, and you don't know the other guy. you're both taking a risk.

best thing you can do is request good/detailed photos, talk to the guy on the phone if possible (or at least get a number), exchange emails, get a verifiable address - and ship at the same time, same day, and demand the exchange of confirmation numbers, and use a shipper in which you can get the item returned (before it arrives) if it appears the guy is trying to scam you by not sending it as promised.
justanotherdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

thanks guys, thats what i thought. can't really get the problem solved as we r trading in a risk n in the dark. Well, maybe we can try by sending pics of the actual receipt of delivery to each other at the same day agreed by both sides. then if one side is late, the other side have their rights to cancel the delivery. not sure if it is the best way though...
cielo1889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You're still not protected if your trading partner decides to send you a brick. And from what I've read on here, it does happen (usually part of a paypal scam).

Maybe I wasn't clear, there's no way you have any protection in a deal like you're considering. If you're both honest, it might work out if you can get tpast the trust (or lack thereof) issue. If your other party isn't honest, you had better consider you may lose your item and never see anything in return.
Duster_360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

u can always use a 3rd party....
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote