Wiki Posts
Search

how to get tc4 to handel better

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default how to get tc4 to handel better

i was wondering how i can get my car to handle better what tires to use how to set up the suspension stuff like that
Old 06-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Give us a little more information on what kind surface you'er racing on, and track length.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

any empty parking lots i dont race yet im new to rc
Old 06-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Bud
Tech Master

http://users.telenet.be/elvo/1/1_content.html

car handling guide...
Old 06-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

When bashing with a tc4 the simplest things you can do to make it attempt to handle are

1. buy some foam tires, something in a medium compound

2. set the shock springs very light and remove any sway bars.

the foams with some traction compound will offer better grip than any rubber tire and the for some crazy reason tc4's like to have a soft suspension with a lot of body roll. Hope this helps as a starting point.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

i used my tc4 last night and it handeld like caca could it be that im running to much power for the thing to handel i have a lrp sphere comp esc 4.5 motor and a thunder power 5000 mah 40c lipo
Old 06-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

A 4.5 motor, in a TC4 is going to make a lot of problems for you. Torgue steer, alone, will make handling an issue. Not to mention, the amount of force you'er putting on the ball diffs and overdrives.
I don't know any setups for a modified TC4, but you'er going to need a lot of everything, to get it to track steight.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
A 4.5 motor, in a TC4 is going to make a lot of problems for you. Torgue steer, alone, will make handling an issue. Not to mention, the amount of force you'er putting on the ball diffs and overdrives.
I don't know any setups for a modified TC4, but you'er going to need a lot of everything, to get it to track steight.
How exactly is this accomplished? I used to race off road back in the day when I was a kid with my RC10 and recently got a TC4 RTR for Christmas. I have been driving the car around with the stock setup for a while to get used to how the car handles and have slowly upgraded to a Mamba Max 7700 with and SMC 4100 24C lipo. The thing torque steers like crazy and makes it real hard to control after getting over 35-40 mph. The only changes I have made to the suspension are some stiffer springs on front and back.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

You won't totaly be able to ride torgue steer. It's a part of the car, and it only gets worse when you get it to higher speeds. You could start by getting some high dergee caster blocks. And bring down your ride height as low as you can get it, without bottoming out.