Community
Wiki Posts
Search

N00b here! Need help,please?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default N00b here! Need help,please?

How are you guys doing? My name is Christian but I go by Gabriel. I pray all is well. I am new to this R/C bussiness, I just bought a Kyosho touring car from a guy on craigslist here in Orlando, Fl. Well it ran fine for about 5 to 8 min. And then it started acting up I thought it was because I accidently ran over a puddle of water so I turned it off and let it dry for a good 30 to 45 min. Btw its an electric car. After I waited for it to dry I turned it on and tried running it, it moved for about 20 seconds and it stopped. When I move the steering wheel the wheels move but when I hit the trigger to it acts as if it wants to move but it doesn't. My friend told me it might be that little orange box that connects in between the battery and the motor. Like I said I'm a noob so I don't know what its called. Lol. Can anyone help me out?

I know I wrote a lot so cliff notes

*CLIFF NOTES*
I'm a noob
Just bought an electric Kyosho car
Ran for about 8 min and then it stopped
Wheels turn when I move the controller but when I hit the gas it won't go anywhere any help would be greatly appreciated.

God Bless!!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

its always a good thing to research on what youre buying into for one. second water and electronics dont mix, it was wrong to let it get near water. iy could be your receiver esc or motor. the motor could be cutting in and out from the effects of water, the esc can go touching water as well as the receiver. take the car to your local hobby shop and see what they can do for you. they can try using a new receiver on it and see if the issue continues, along with the esc or motor.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by not home
its always a good thing to research on what youre buying into for one. second water and electronics dont mix, it was wrong to let it get near water. iy could be your receiver esc or motor. the motor could be cutting in and out from the effects of water, the esc can go touching water as well as the receiver. take the car to your local hobby shop and see what they can do for you. they can try using a new receiver on it and see if the issue continues, along with the esc or motor.
thanks i know that i shouldnt have been using it anywhere near water i was just excited to use it. Im going to try it later on tonight and see what happens.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok, silly statement but old car + old battery + 5 - 8 min run + a self proclaimed noob......maybe the battery just needs to be charged. Sometimes its the obvious. Did you try charging it? How big and deep was the puddle? Don't forget to make sure the batts in the transmitter too.

I really hope you fix is as simple as this but if its water I doubt it.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I would agree, how much charge is in the battery. The fact that it "trys to move" tells me that the esc should still be fine. Water+ESC=DEAD, you would have nothing.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Lol my noobness kills me. I charged the battery last night but I'm at work right now so I can't test it out. Thanks for the help so far I'll let post what happens tonight. God Bless!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tiger72
Ok, silly statement but old car + old battery + 5 - 8 min run + a self proclaimed noob......maybe the battery just needs to be charged. Sometimes its the obvious. Did you try charging it? How big and deep was the puddle? Don't forget to make sure the batts in the transmitter too.

I really hope you fix is as simple as this but if its water I doubt it.

DING DING DIGN!!! It was the common case of a dead battery. LOL please excuse my noobness. Thanks for the help guys. God Bless!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok so I played around with it today and everything was fine for about 15 min, I thought the battery had died since I was beating on it a little so I change batteries and 15 min later it stopped again. I got the bright idea of pushing it a little and it started moving like normal. Any ideas? I looked up the esc and it seems it was discontinued in 92 lol. I was thinking of just upgrading the remote stuff and the engine.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How long of a run are you expecting to get out of the battery? 10 - 20 min depending on the equpitment and how you're driving is it.

Unless you mean it wouldn't run with a new charged battery.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i think he's right these batteries are only good for a few minutes but higher mah more run time so you might want to get more batteries with high mah to run longer if you have determined that was your problem