Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A newbie here, have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 09:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default A newbie here, have some questions

I am thinking about getting into r/c nitro racing. I have off-road and on-road tracks in my area. I think I am going to get a stadium truck. What truck would be the best for me? I want one ready to go. I don't want a kit. I will have about $300 to spend. I was thinking about the dura traxx nitro evader rtr for $260.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:13 AM
Stu
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

racer01, if you can, try and get the rc10gtrtr plus... i have seen it run out of the box, and they are quite impressive. the engine is fast, and the truck is tough.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Yes i would have to agree with Stu, the rc10gtrtr is very fast out of the box and a very relaible car

Old 12-22-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

I'm not sure of XTM's racing capabilities, but if you also can, check out the XTM Xcellerator, for around 260. My neighbor bought one, he loves it! I'm not sure how hes doing racing it, but he hasnt broken anything yet! By the way it comes with a .18 and can do about 50+mph stock!
Old 12-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Racer01- you should be able to get an RC10GT plus RTR for around 280-290, although I have never had one all I hear is good things and it is proven it has been around forever.RC10GT Plus RTR for 284.99
Old 12-23-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I actually tested a RTRGT Plus. very good truck, The engine is strong, but I would have liked if the bearings were rubber sealed for better compression. The Ace Jaguar radio has a comfortable feel and all the features a new Nitro driver would need. The geometry on the truck is identical to the Factory Team GT, especially since they include the new updated chassis too. The XXX-NT is a nice package deal too. You get a computer radio with it which is a nice improvement from the Jaguar one. Suspension wise it is the same as the XXX-NT. You can't go wrong with either truck. As far as the Nitro Evader, that truck suprised me (also tested that one too). The engine is a beast. It's built by OS, and at .18 displacement it hauls the mail! Suspension wise, the GT or the XNT are going to be "racier", but for pure fun the ST is a good truck. Plus, you get the 1 year stress tech guarantee. My only complaint on the ST is the steering wheel on the radio; It's a hard plastic that has a bit of a cheesy feeling to it. If you're going to race it, go with the Losi or the Associated, just engine wise. While the .18 is really fast, most race directors will not allow it.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Initiate

I bought a nitro evader... you actually get alot for your money. I was worried about break in because this was my first nitro truck, before i flew airplanes... but i had good luck with this one. On about the 3rd pull it started up.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:51 AM
Suspended

the losi xxxnt sport rtr is a good truck, it was my first nitro and i still have it. You can get them for about $310