Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Noob here

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Noob here

Noob here, at least to this forum. Used to be really into R/C's back in the day but am now in need of a Hobby that dosen't cost as much as modding my car. I used to only run electrics and am wanting to now break into Nitro powered Truggies or even On Road Cars. As it has been alot of years since I was into R/C's I know I'm WAYYY behind on the products. Just looking for some advice on where to get started and what are the current good products out there. Please ask any questions that U think will help narrow down my decisions. Oh I'm kinda a board whore so I'll answer back. Thanx in advance!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Are you looking to just bash in your backyard and street... or are you looking at racing competativly at a local track?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Are you looking to just bash in your backyard and street... or are you looking at racing competativly at a local track?
I'd like to race at a local Track there are a few that I know of off hand here in AZ. Of course it would also be for backyard bashing as well. So I'd like something that can hold up to that yet be able to take to a track w/out having to spend tons to get it track ready.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

So since you want to race, your approach will be different. Considering you can bash with anything you can race, but not necessarily the other way around, here is what I would do:

1. Find what type of racing you want to start with (onroad touring or pan, offroad buggy, truck, slash. etc.)
2. Call or attend your local track first and find out what classes are most popular
3. Call or attend your local track first and find out what model car are usually run in those classes

Go from there... You may find that there IS no gas powered racing at your track, only electric... etc.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

If you want something to bash and to race i would get a losi 8ight rtr.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
So since you want to race, your approach will be different. Considering you can bash with anything you can race, but not necessarily the other way around, here is what I would do:

1. Find what type of racing you want to start with (onroad touring or pan, offroad buggy, truck, slash. etc.)
2. Call or attend your local track first and find out what classes are most popular
3. Call or attend your local track first and find out what model car are usually run in those classes

Go from there... You may find that there IS no gas powered racing at your track, only electric... etc.
+1 Opinions from a guys across the country doen't help if we don't know what they race locally.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:20 AM
Tech Rookie

noob here also..hope you enjoy it here as i do..