Electric VS Nitro

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric VS Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

How much is a LiPo battery and all of the above stuff that you stated, lol.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

lipos prices vary in price. a 5000 mah 2 cell pack can be 50-100$ others you get 2 or 4 of them its about 2-400$ plus you can use them in your 1/10 scale cars. where as nitro fuel costs 15$ + for a quart and if you use your car often youi can use a quart rather fast. plus you need to rip the motor apart rebuild all the time and a good race motor costs 4-500$ and up so you decide. imo electric is better, cheaper, less miantence, and faster. you can run electric on a tighter more technical course cause you dont need longer run ups for jumps it has instant speed unlike nitro
Old 04-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gweed
lipos prices vary in price. a 5000 mah 2 cell pack can be 50-100$ others you get 2 or 4 of them its about 2-400$ plus you can use them in your 1/10 scale cars. where as nitro fuel costs 15$ + for a quart and if you use your car often youi can use a quart rather fast. plus you need to rip the motor apart rebuild all the time and a good race motor costs 4-500$ and up so you decide. imo electric is better, cheaper, less miantence, and faster. you can run electric on a tighter more technical course cause you dont need longer run ups for jumps it has instant speed unlike nitro
Not all of what you say is accurate. I get a gallon of 20% o'donnels for 22.99$ not a quart, a GAL. Also I have a very nice, plenty powerful Picco .28 p3 motor that was 120$ NEW. You don't have to pull the motor apart and rebuild it all the time, once every 5 gallons or so on a good motor. My 1/8 scale inferno gt is a heavy car at 8lbs. with the picco it runs 65+ with my gearing and the car, motor, gears, tires, i have around 400-450 invested in and it racers just fine.

Also if you set your car up right then the motor your running will have no effect on the the size of track you can run on. a 1/8 scale car with have the same turning radious weather its electric or nitro the wheel base is the same the turning is the same. If you set your car up with the right droop, suspension travel, toe, camber. It won't matter.

I have no doubts if you are looking for flat out speed or if your looking to go from 0-60 the fastest you possibly can then yes electric is better. HOWEVER a lot, NOT ALL, but alot of people who put down nitro is because they were not successful with it or never tried it. The nitro cars will move plenty fast too. Not everyone enjoys nitro and not everyone gets the hang of it. But each person should try it out for themselves and not go on "everyone elses" word because you may find it more fun.

Again I say find a track or go to your local hobby shop and see if they can help you, but don't let people tell you how bad something is. When so many more of us have so much fun with nitro cars.