Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC , SOFTWARES and COMPUTERs

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Lightbulb RC , SOFTWARES and COMPUTERs

Sometimes i saw Rcers bring along their laptops in the track. It seems that they had a software that able to program their RC car to be faster it is like cars nowadays we normal users just cant service the car when it is broke down. we had to go to the service center and the mechanic would link his laptop to our car and do all the services from the laptop instead of starts to open all the engine!!!!

I just curious over here...

WHAT KIND OF SOFTWARE they are (the RCers) using?
WHAT KING OF THINGS the software can do?
WHERE can we get the software?
HOW to use them?
WHY we use them?
etc etc....

If any of us here can share (that is what i hope!!!! ) so we all will be TECHNOLOGY ILLITERATE!!!! yeah!

share is a good thing!!!

mop
Old 11-30-2003, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation FIRST SOFTWARE is RCGEARS

My friend give me this link:

http://www.waits.net/public/rcgears/

download it and this software able to give you the speed of your car after you key in all the infos required...

BUT...

i dont know what the infos this sofware wants... coz i am blur about all the TECH JARGON...

pls HELP ME... so that i can use this software...(at least!)

mop

WHAT IS GEARBOX RATIO?
HOW TO GET THE MAX RPM OF YOUR ENGINE?
HOW TO GET SPUR/PINION RATIO?
HOW TO GET GEAR RATIO?
WHAT IS ROLLOUT?

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails RC , SOFTWARES and COMPUTERs-rcgears-software.jpg  
Old 11-30-2003, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

IMO there idiots, all you need is a $5 calculator and a few seconds to work out your gear ratio and rollout...
Old 11-30-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fatdoggy
IMO there idiots, all you need is a $5 calculator and a few seconds to work out your gear ratio and rollout...
dear fatdoggy,

hehehehhe.... i know that!

but it is just my curiousity.... i wonder what kind of software (other than the one i posted before).... do u know any of them?

and

can you help to answer my questions above? coz i cant use my software if dont know the terms....

thanks!

mop

by the way... what is IMO?
Old 12-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

IMO - In my opinion

WHAT IS GEARBOX RATIO? - The ratio of the differential gears, or pulleys. Big/small.

HOW TO GET THE MAX RPM OF YOUR ENGINE? - You usually use a dyno to get this, most people don't have a dyno, plus instead you can just buy equipment that will tell you how fast your car goes, if your so inclined.

HOW TO GET SPUR/PINION RATIO? - The pinion is on your motor, the spur is the big gear that the pinion turns. ratio = spur/pinion

HOW TO GET GEAR RATIO? Final gear ratio is (external = spur/pinion) x (internal*gearbox* = big pulley or gear/ small pulley or gear)

WHAT IS ROLLOUT? - How far your car moves with each revolution of the motor.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah that program is only good if you have a one speed I have a 2 speed tranny
Old 12-01-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Smoke21 - You can use the program for a two speed tranny, just do it one for each set of gears. When your car changes to the higher gear your rollout will be higher, thus, your speed increases.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

so add the 2 rollouts and volia?
Old 12-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

No, you will always will have two rollouts(a low gear rollout and a high gear rollout), unless you want to find the average rollout(add them then divide by 2).
Old 12-01-2003, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In addition to what's already been talked about, a number of guys(myself included) use their laptops to control a motor dyno, which can test a motor & then display all sorts of data on how it's performing at the time. And in some cases(like my Robitronics dyno), the software that comes with it includes a gearing program that can suggest a good gear ratio for a motor you just tested, as long as you've already got a good motor/gearing combo to use as a benchmark. Definitely comes in handy if you come across a new motor that has a LOT more top end than the ones you're used to(so you can avoid overgearing the new motor).....
Old 12-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Default ROBITRONIC DYNO and Software

Originally posted by Grizzbob
In addition to what's already been talked about, a number of guys(myself included) use their laptops to control a motor dyno, which can test a motor & then display all sorts of data on how it's performing at the time. And in some cases(like my Robitronics dyno), the software that comes with it includes a gearing program that can suggest a good gear ratio for a motor you just tested, as long as you've already got a good motor/gearing combo to use as a benchmark. Definitely comes in handy if you come across a new motor that has a LOT more top end than the ones you're used to(so you can avoid overgearing the new motor).....
1can you show us how a MOTOR DYNO looks like?

2What kind of DATA the software will show you (example your robitronic dyno software). and how you use the datas to make your car / motor performance better other than choosing a correct gear ratio?

3Any other softwares that you use for your car?

mop
Old 12-02-2003, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I don't have any picture files of my Robi to post, but if you go to Robitronics' website( www.robitronic.com )you should be able to look at some pics & can even download a demo version of the dyno's most current software(you wouldn't be able to test a motor without the dyno itself, but it does have some example motor tests in it, & can give you a good idea of what the program's like.....
Old 12-03-2003, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Grizzbob
Well, I don't have any picture files of my Robi to post, but if you go to Robitronics' website( www.robitronic.com )you should be able to look at some pics & can even download a demo version of the dyno's most current software(you wouldn't be able to test a motor without the dyno itself, but it does have some example motor tests in it, & can give you a good idea of what the program's like.....

promaster II from ROBITRONIC

screen shot of the software showing vital datas from the motor

aaaahhhhh.... i thought your robitronic is for GP motors... it is for EP....

thanks for the input! at least i know EP motor have this DYNO test!!

HOW ABOUT GP MOTORs? anybody have softwares that can show datas.... like F1 teams do to their car? hehehehe.... just curious here!

mop
Old 12-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

I believe there is a dyno for nitro engines, but I really know very little about it(I think that RC Car Action has it though, & they use it in their RC Nitro magazine).....
Old 12-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up FOUND ANOTHER SOFTWARE FOR NITRO ENGINE!!

i have found another software for you to make sure your engine give the utmost performance ....

but...

you have to buy it!

go here:

http://rcboat.com/anteng.htm

a few snap shots of the software:

This is a Typical Sheet in "The Engine Analysis Program"
Other Typical sheets follow showing Compression Ratio Section, Head Design Module, Runsheet, Pipe Design Module.

This is a Typical Sheet showing Head Module, Piston Speed, Carb Selector

you can go here to download UNFUNCTIONAL DEMO VERSION

mop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.