anyone who knows what they are doing...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone who knows what they are doing...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default anyone who knows what they are doing...

ok. i got my first car ever tonight. its a traxxas nitro 4-tech 3.3. well, i dont have a clue what to do next. aside from general terms like tires and engine i dont have a clue about anything in this car. i will start by reading the owners manual, but pls help. what parts should i strt to bulk up on? what are some maintenence things i have to do to it? what are some good tools to have for it? any other advice pls? thnk you for your time
Old 03-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How did you decide to get a nitro powered 70++ mph RC car as your first lol Well do you know how to start it? Is it in used condition or new?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Rookie

lol well...i traded a camcorder i never use for it, and i watched him strt it but im still having problems, its outta gas which sometimes helps when you start any gas powered vehicle....and i knw not a good car to strt on, but hey....if i learn on a fast car then i can handle a slow one lol. but is this a good reputable car? and what is everything i will need?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theamazingjim
lol well...i traded a camcorder i never use for it, and i watched him strt it but im still having problems, its outta gas which sometimes helps when you start any gas powered vehicle....and i knw not a good car to strt on, but hey....if i learn on a fast car then i can handle a slow one lol. but is this a good reputable car? and what is everything i will need?
Well to be honest i started off with this car as well. And yes if you learn to drive this well you will think all the other cars you own are slow. Watch this video it will help you out a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jbnrcpDTmQ
Old 03-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Rookie

thnx but i dnt have an ez strt. its a headache to strt it w/pull cord u knw? im not sure i even really knw how to strt it with the pull cord. could u explain?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Oh the guy converted it to a pull start. You will need fuel, a glow plug igniter, and huge biceps. Here is another vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er7Cl...eature=related
Old 03-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

This can be a resource -

http://monster.traxxas.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

an find help in the stickys on suspension and setup. Tuning help can be found eslewhere on teh site in the engine thread.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a 4TEC pro with a pull start. It start easy, just like any other method of starting. It shouldnt be hard to pull, if so you engine is flooded. Clear it out and retune. Get a glow starter that takes sub c batteries and you should be good. Best thing you can do is find someone local to show you the ropes. After a couple weekends you should be aright by your self. Traxxas and watch some videos on the 4Tec. Also check out youtube for tuning tips. You want plenty of smoke and a crisp take off. No smoke is a bad thing.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theamazingjim
u got it backwards. as in life u suppost to work ur way up. u don't get ur pilots licence and then lern to drive a car . the best advice I can give u is trade it off for a electric rtr setup and start over. at 70 mph and 1 curb u'll be so ticed off at the broken parts, u might consider leaving the hobby
Old 03-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by offtraxx
u got it backwards. as in life u suppost to work ur way up. u don't get ur pilots licence and then lern to drive a car . the best advice I can give u is trade it off for a electric rtr setup and start over. at 70 mph and 1 curb u'll be so ticed off at the broken parts, u might consider leaving the hobby
No don't leave the hobby. You can try to start this car up and drive it but i think you wont have much fun, its to fast and fragile. Like offtraxx said the best thing for you to do is sell in for around $250 depending on condition, and then buy a traxxas slash or rustler. You will be more happy this way.