Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine break-in?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default Engine break-in?

Okay, so I'm praying it doesn't rain Sunday so I can finally get my Ofna Ultra LX-one in my sig broken in, but I have some questions. Some of them I may have already asked but forgot, so sorry if this is an occurance.

1.) How do I know that the engine is at BDC?
2.) I read a Johnny Cool Guy tip that said to run the engine at varied RPMs for 2 to 3 minutes and check the temp to see if it's near 200.. I am wondering, would I be right in guessing I should go 1/4 throttle for the first 2-3 minutes and then going 1/2 throttle for the next 2-3 minutes, THEN doing the same but for 4-5 minute intervals? And should I do short bursts like on-off or would it be okay if I kept it on at 1/4 throttle the entire time?

I'm sure I'll have other questions, but I think this it for now..

Wait! I just thought up another..

Should I use K&N air filter oil, the red stuff for cars, on my air filter? And am I supposed to put this stuff on the pre-filter as well?
Old 09-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Suspended

Thumbs down

one --- there are a ton of topics discussing all the things you asked in the nitro section, or do a search and find them.

two --- are you still living in your folk's home, or moved somewhere else because they wouldn't allow you to keep your toy in the house?

three --- your previous outlandishly rude behavior and profanity spewing here is going to keep you from getting much help.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for answering my questions..
Old 09-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Can anyone actually answer my questions?
Old 09-20-2008, 04:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK First Ryan lets be cool this time and we'll work with you. Do not use the K&N filter oil. Very bad for the motor. Now there is so many ways to break-in it becomes silly. I like the heat cycle way. It's fast and it works. Have you got a temp gun yet? Any of them are OK for break in and thats all you realy need 'em for. Around 15-20 bucks. If you Private Message me I'll walk you through it. And don't let these guys on here get you going or you'll get the short end qwick. See you soon.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

YGPM The Working Man..
Old 09-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Okay, anyone else?