Community
Wiki Posts
Search

got a ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation got a ?

i have a duratrax evader ext and was wondering what the difference is between the 78 tooth 48 pitch spur gear and the 86 tooth 46 pitch gear and the 81 tooth 46 pitch? right now i have a hot 27 motor on it and i think my slipper clutch was a bit tight and i chewed it all up. is it possible to put a non plastic spur gear on instead? if so from who? Also got another question, sometimes my tranny acts like its locked up or something so i gotta turn both wheels manually a few times then it seams alot smoother to turn then the car will run. any ideas?
THX in advance!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

almost forgot is there a better tranny that i could buy that would work for this truck?

................BUMP.............................. .............
Old 08-28-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

use a 48 pitch gear on that truck. the number of teeth/ gear ratio is up to you. I recommend kimbrough or robinson gears.
the transmission of the car may seem tight if your gear mesh is too tight. Or your motor may be binding or needs a rebuild.

Take apart and clean both the motor and the tranny gears. if that doest help, take apart and clean and rebuild the differential.

If you hit really hard on the ass end of the truck coming off a jump, it can push the gears together and eat up your spur quickly. same thing if you suck up a rock in there. one tooth on the pinion gets damaged, and ruins a tooth on the spru each revolution, etc.
if you gear mesh is too loose and the transmission is binding somewhere mechanically, youll flatten a spot on the spur as well.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

You make mention of 46 pitch gears. I could be wrong but there is no such gear. If there is, then use 48 pitch spur gears with 48 pitch pinions only. 64 with 64. 32 with 32 and so on. 46 pitch would be bigger teeth and don't mesh properly with 48 pitch. That would grind the plastic teeth away. This will solve your problem.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Rookie

ok thanx guys i think im going to order the gear tonight, and thank you for the quick response!.......