Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what do they mean by stock motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default what do they mean by stock motor

im just getting started have a rustler with a 12 turn motor my local track runs 19 t or stock motors can any one explain what stock is
Old 06-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

stock would be the motor that originally came with the vehicle. if i remember correctly i believe the stock motor for the rustler was a stinger 20T.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pluckthis
im just getting started have a rustler with a 12 turn motor my local track runs 19 t or stock motors can any one explain what stock is
stock motors used to be all the same, though some RTR kits now vary from the formula for marketing or sale purposes, though what's considered a stock motor is still a 27T motor for class or racing purposes regardless of what comes in it
Old 06-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Rob is right for brushed stock for racing, a 27 turn with a locked 24 degrees of timing, bushings, not bearings. I think they have ROAR stamped on them somewhere.

But Roar also now allows 17.5 brushless motors in stock, but check with your track.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i think they have to have locked timing and have there number (ie EPIC19) on the armature of the motor, also 27 is considered stock also 17.5 is stock as well
Old 06-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

You mentioned 19 turn class too. For brushed a similar set of rules except the number of turns.

Brushless for the 19T class is really confusing, check with your track. I think most allow down to a 10.5 brushless, but I think some might be 13.5. Maybe some tracks don't allow brushless yet. ROAR is 10.5 this year then 13.5 next year I think.