Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
New to Brushless.Just got a mamba Maxx(?) >

New to Brushless.Just got a mamba Maxx(?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Brushless.Just got a mamba Maxx(?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default New to Brushless.Just got a mamba Maxx(?)

I just bought a new mamba maxx 7700v brushless systemThe fastest motor on 6 cells for my traxxas rustler.Running the Rustler with the Traxxas Bandit wheels and tires.Gearing it 28 tooth pinion 84 spur.Battery GP3700 matched 6cell racing pack.

I used it a few times and its fast as hell, spins the tires all the way down the block and then hits about 55mph top speed.I bought new rear wheels and tires for it that are made for the Traxxas Stampede looking for more traction.Now it has total traction but the motor hesitates before it takes off from a dead stop and kinda sputters.(now 19 tooth pinion 84 spur)

Is there something wrong with it?
Do I have to send it back to Castle Creations?
Is it because it is drawing too many amps?
Is this normal?
Does it just need to be reprogramed using the the software it came with?
Old 02-24-2008, 06:51 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

You only need to post in the Castle Thread in order to get answers. No need to make duplicate posts on many threads.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Does it get going OK after the hesitation and sputter? If so, it may be fairly normal. The Mamba is a sensorless system, one weak point relative to sensored systems is that sometimes they have trouble getting going, but are fine, better even, once underway. They don't have as much knowledge regarding the motor position until they get going, they rely on feedback from the motor to sense position, and that can't happen until they get rolling. The added traction you mention may well be making the situation more obvious.

No insult here, remember they are actually faster/more efficient once underway as I understand it. And it sounds like you like that part of it!Nothing is perfect.

If you do go racing, at least on something other than a high speed oval, then you probably want to consider sensored for the better low speed control.

Try it, racing that is, it's addictive!

Either way, have fun!