Community
Wiki Posts
Search

car

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 04:09 AM

Default car

what can i do to the car to make it go faster??
Old 01-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

gearing, motor, driving better, thats the big one.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
gearing, motor, driving better, thats the big one.
Ask around at your tarck and let someone give your car a try maybe they can help you out on some set ups they use
Old 01-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

are we talking ep or nitro?

ep: go brushless motor and lipo
gp: get a good engine

but its all in the hand not in the car

Old 01-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

faster /// better motors batteries ,, if gas a better motor ,, butt set up is important . as well as DRIVING SKILLS . !!! you can have all the motor and power in the world , Butt if you cant drive it /set it up ,,,,, then you need PRACTICE and as much TRACK time as you can get !!!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

make sure the drivetrain is as light and as smooth as possible. lighten the car with lighter parts like titanium screws. These will give you more speed, faster acceleration. Keep in mind though that moving the weight around the car can affect handling depending on where you move the weight.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

bro, try adding stuff to your question i.e. what kind of car you talking about, is it electric or nitro. something like that would be helpful that way everybody here and give you alittle more advise on what to do.

Good Luck

Thanks
Old 01-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

sometimes to go faster you go slower.....seriously DONT CRASH
Old 01-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Like kwik kid said slower is faster if you are going to be racing.Too much power and you will be in the wall or off the track.If you are new to the hobby stick with what you've got and get your experience up.But if you must go faster then if you're running electric get bruchless and lipo.If it's nitro get a better engine and run a higher % nitro fuel.Dont buy those add on like a super charger because they dont work.Just something for someone to make money.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kwik-kid
sometimes to go faster you go slower.....seriously DONT CRASH

Oh so True! We always get some rookies at the dirt oval track with their 3.5-5.5 brushless systems and on the straights they scream past the rest of us but at the end the so called "slower guys" are the ones turning in more laps and winning, while the rookies are in the shop buying parts.

As I have heard the older folks say, "you have to crawl before you can run" and in asense that is true for racing also.

I was a rookie once. First three races, I got my butt kicked, So I bumped up to a 12turn double. then I was in the shop buying parts. So I just started back at the ol 27turn til I wasn't crashing due to my own fault, moved up in motor, ran for awhile until no crashes and after about 3/4 of the season I was back up to the 12 turn double and consistently finishing in the top four out of 10-15 cars. and always qualified into the a-main which took the top 6 cars.

Well, except for the time that I didn't put the screw in on the steering servo. but lets not talk about that. lol that was a nasty nite...... 12yrs. later if you look closely you can still see where I hit the wall....

Last edited by mpb47553; 01-22-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

If you are racing lap consistancy will make you faster. It won't cost anything but time and dedication to your skill level.

I have been racing for 13+ years and some days even stock is too fast for me. Occasionally I will break out into 19t and turn some laps but usually I race stock.

To me, stock racing tests your skill more as the cars are more evenly matched, it is not all about who has the fastest car, it is about who can control their car the best with lap by lap precision.

Take a look at the results below.

http://www.adurrc.dyndns.org/adur/wi...html/f3r4.html

Theres only one reason why 2nd finished 2nd. Why? A crash on lap 18. That is the difference between winning and finishing 2nd sometimes.

Speed doesnt always make you a better racer, if you can learn to be consistant and pull good laps then get some more speed behind you, you will be glad you put the time in first.

Look at car 6. Had consistancy, but pulled slower laps. Needs to work on the setup,motor,cells or a combination of all of them to get the quicker laps in. Maybe it is even just something as simple as finding the optimum racing line or taking a few corners a slower route.

When all I wanted was to go faster because I wasnt winning I had a guy come up to me and say "look at your lap times and tell me why didnt you win?"

My lap times were looking like numbers you could pick for the lottery There was no consistancy. Just good laps and bad ones from all the crashing.

Before this guy told me to do this, I was none the wiser.

True story and I thank him to this day he made me look at my lap times