Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New here and to R/C

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New here and to R/C

Hi. I've got an HPI RTR Nitro RS4 3 Evo Toureza. I got it over a year ago and started my R/C learning. Problem was that I couldn't find anyone close in my area to join up with and learn more and it made me paranoid about driving my car due to incidents where my car took off without me and ended up quite a ways down the road. I had to wait till it hit a stopping point and couldn't go any futher. This kinda worried me since R/C isn't exactly the cheapest hobby in the world.

Anyways, I'm back into it and working on building up my knowledge. I live close to Superior Hobbies which is great. I just don't like going into there and asking too many questions. Some folks just brush you off like you're an idiot and don't give much input.

Either way, I've started off with a Nitro car and didn't know any better. Now I do feel like I should have started with an Electric car until I learned more about the R/C world. But that's in the past, so I'm working with what I got. I still like my car a lot. I actually also found out that I REALLY like the off road vehicles too. I didn't like the big tires at first. But they have grown on my after I've watched a few videos on the internet. SWEET!!!!

Well, I hope to learn a lot and become someone that can provide good feedback when the time is right. But as for now, I'm a newb. So like most forums, they want you to introduce yourself and now I have. Thanks
Old 10-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Welcome to boards. Feel free to post and discuss to find out were u can race etc. Good luck
Old 10-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is the place to ask every question you can think of their are a ton of guys on here to help you with any problem you got, I am still learning and its all from here and at the tracks I race at everyone is their to help out if you ask so dont be scared to ask questions on here you will get the answers you need and remember have fun doing it
Old 10-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rltanner
This is the place to ask every question you can think of their are a ton of guys on here to help you with any problem you got, I am still learning and its all from here and at the tracks I race at everyone is their to help out if you ask so dont be scared to ask questions on here you will get the answers you need and remember have fun doing it
Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ImageFX
made me paranoid about driving my car due to incidents where my car took off without me and ended up quite a ways down the road.
You need to have a fail safe installed if you don't have one yet. They are really cheap compared to the cost of accidents.

...just thought I would chime in because I noticed what you said....
Old 10-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

fail safe = feel safe... get em...
Old 10-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

one hugely important thing is to check your failsafe MINE DIDNT WORK and almost crashed into a main road so i got a new one
Old 10-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can you get a failsafe that slams the brake on when you go out of range? coz on tarmac my car would roll for ages, and then get stopped by a lamp post or something...
Old 10-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

That's what a failsafe does. Once your radio gets out of range or your batteries die, it will slam the brakes on.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

no your rong lol what happens is you set the failsafe to were you want the servo to go for example brakes, but if your car would flip and roll etc you can set it to neutral so it will roll to a stop
Old 11-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwik-kid
no your rong lol what happens is you set the failsafe to were you want the servo to go for example brakes, but if your car would flip and roll etc you can set it to neutral so it will roll to a stop
If the failsafe is set to the correct postion BRAKE ON! If the car flips over (how I have no idea because it wouldn't be moving in the first place) The engine won't over rev causing a possible blown motor. If some of you think neutral is the way, by all means set it that way. But lemme just say this right now before hand... TOLD YOU SO!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Old 11-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

ok then have it set to very slightly on brake so it doesnt wear your brake pad to much