Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Just Picked up an RS4 Sport 2 for a song on the 'bay... >

Just Picked up an RS4 Sport 2 for a song on the 'bay...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just Picked up an RS4 Sport 2 for a song on the 'bay...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Just Picked up an RS4 Sport 2 for a song on the 'bay...

I've been wanting one of these (or a Pro 2) ever since they first came out. Found mine on the 'bay, got it for $35. Only thing wrong with it is it could use a new rear belt, a new set of tires/wheels, and the hold-downs for the stick-pack battery are both broken (well, ones broke, the other's missing entirely) I'l replace those with some velcro straps. Everything else is mint, plus it already has a full set of bearings installed.

I know it's old and out-dated, but I'm not a racer. I'll only use it on the street for general running around/drifting/chasing the dog/ entertaining the neighborhood kids, and for something faster than my HPI Wheely King (which is SOOOOO SLOW!)

The plan is to install a Moped ESC and probably around a 17t single.

I'm going to get an HPI Camaro Or mustang Body and their Old-school 5-spoke American mags and make myself something cool looking out of it, and I'll get a set of HPI Work Meister rims and mount some ABS tires on them for some drifting action.

I may even set it up for rally-type stuff, since there's only one paved road in my town.

Anybody have any suggestions as to where I could find a rear belt? Will the Nitro RS4 5.5mm belt work in place of the stock 4mm belt?

And what would you guys recommend for a good 17t motor? I've looked at the Venom motors, but I've heard bad things about them. Price is definitely an issue here, since my wife is ready to KILL me over my return to R/C. $20-$25 for a motor is about all I can afford.

Oh, and I need suggestions for Batt's. A couple years ago I picked up a Duratrax Pirahna charger that's good for NiMH batt's, but I prefer stick-packs to saddle packs (just a convenience thing, take the dead ones out, slam the charged one in, keep on going.) And all my EPIC 1500MAH stick packs have gone bad from sitting unused (they won't hold a charge for more than a minute or two.)