Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
funny washer thing holding my brake disc on? >

funny washer thing holding my brake disc on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

funny washer thing holding my brake disc on?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default funny washer thing holding my brake disc on?

ok, so on my new HPI firestorm i lost control at the end of the last tank on break in, and the break disc shattered. i'm trying to replace it, but i can't remove the... thingy (part no. z244). its like 3/4 of a washer, and there must be some way to remove it? if i can't do it with the tools i have, i'm going to my lhs tomorrow for a new brake disc or crystal set or whatever, so they could probably do it.

thanks,
joe
Old 08-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Initiate

That would be an "e-clip".

The way I remove these is to use two small flat-blade screwdrivers. If you push on one of the open ends, it will just spin around the shaft. Use one screwdriver to hold one of the open ends in place and then push the other open end with the other screwdriver. Do this slowly otherwise it will fly off and feed the carpet monster. If you do it right, it will slide right off.

Another way is to use a pair of needle-nose pliers. At a slight angle, you can pinch the pliers over the protruding end of the shaft and both open ends of the e-clip. This in itself will only push the clip part-way off, but it will give you a tiny opening into which you can insert a small screwdriver and lever it off the rest of the way.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

u can also put ur finger on one side and then use neddle nose pliers to pop it out.