Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
5 0r more model radios >

5 0r more model radios

5 0r more model radios

Old 07-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default 5 0r more model radios

i have 5 plus cars and looking to buy one radio system to run all.i have a jr 125 xr2i which only 2 model radio.what are my choices and the famed how much?what do i need.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Well, I have the Jr XS3. It'll do up to 10. Synth. FM, and works well. Haven't Looked up your model, but rec. may even work with the xr3.

If you are racing, then I've heard real good things about the Spektrum and 2.4 gig systems. Others can help you out with certain models.

Others will tell you to get a much higher priced one, but if you're not racing the XS3 will do just fine. Look in the for sale thread. For both the radio and receivers.

You can try Ebay, but I won't buy another radio there, I have had good luck with receivers though, and a lot cheaper.

Last edited by Rowdyray; 07-22-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you don't want to spend the money and want a transmitter that can do most things including 10 model memory, then I would suggest the JR XS3 synthesized. It's probably the best bang for the buck at around $129.00USD.

Take Care,
Cheers, Patrick
Old 07-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

it is always good to invest in a good radio, especially if you race.
the JR X3S is a good radio (in fact that's what i'm using right now / that is for now ), no problems with it... it not capable of switching to 2.4Ghz band though.
the 2.4GHz band gives you the convenience of not worrying with frequency checks and the crystal sets. you sometimes worry if someone else maybe using your freq and you do frequency checks in the track

there are also better radios out there that you may also find interesting, i've list a few which IMO are the best Radios out there for now and not in any particular order, all of which are FM or 2.4 GHz radioset/capable:

Futaba 3PK - FM/systhesized / FASST or Spectrum system for 2.4GHz option
Airtronics M8 or M11 - FM/systhesized / SANWA or Spectrum system for 2.4GHz option
Spectrum DX2/DX3 or the DX3R already 2.4GHz system
Nomadio React/Sensor already 2.4GHz system

i don't know their respective prices though...
Old 07-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

I'll second the JR XS3 opinion. We own three of them and they're great. I've had them over 2 years now and we race once a week. The best thing about using synthesized radios these days if you race is that so many people are going to 2.4ghz that you might not even have to ever change to a different channel at the track....
Old 07-26-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah all good products IMO I'd go Spektrum 2.4 ghz.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

correct me if im wrong but dosent the spektrum dx3r have a 30 model memory??? also grafficly displayed trim adjustsments. i think the price is just alittle more than the dx3
Old 07-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a Ko Propo EX10 Helios and absolutely Love the damn thing. Built in 10 model memory, expandable to 25 and so many customizable features that it can be a bit intimidating at forst. however you don't NEED to tweak every tweakable option for it to still bve a great radio.
It's also module based, so I use Spektrum 2.4GHz and also have an AM mini-Z module that I use for the occasional mini-Z racing as well.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dave Nelson
correct me if im wrong but dosent the spektrum dx3r have a 30 model memory??? also grafficly displayed trim adjustsments. i think the price is just alittle more than the dx3
yep, 30 model memory - it has...
price - bout 60-70 $$$ more than the dx3...
has nice ergo design...
Old 07-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy radio

so where can i get a spektrum dx3r today