Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On-road track racer for noobz

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking On-road track racer for noobz

Hi guys im new to RC, I tried 1 of my friend's nitro car & now im hooked. I would like to know what car would u guys recommend for a noob like me. I've practically 0 knowledge on RC, im looking for a nitro road racer. I've been looking at the Kyosho Inferno GT, ready-to-run around $380 & seems a pretty good deal. Any other recommendation guys?

1 of my friend also told me that newbie should start with a electric car, less maintainence, easier to drive, & more responsive. What to u guys think? Should I go electric or nitro? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joe2d
Hi guys im new to RC, I tried 1 of my friend's nitro car & now im hooked. I would like to know what car would u guys recommend for a noob like me. I've practically 0 knowledge on RC, im looking for a nitro road racer. I've been looking at the Kyosho Inferno GT, ready-to-run around $380 & seems a pretty good deal. Any other recommendation guys?

1 of my friend also told me that newbie should start with a electric car, less maintainence, easier to drive, & more responsive. What to u guys think? Should I go electric or nitro? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nitro or electric will be a personal preference. Electric will be a little less work, won't stink up your house/garage, won't annoy your neighbors with noise and possibly a little cheaper if you're looking at entry-level equipment. The cars tend to be more responsive and quicker reacting because they're much lighter and the ESC will give you faster throttle response but easier to drive remains a matter of opinion. Nitro will give you a higher top-end speed for less $$$ at the start. In other words, you get the classic answer, "it depends."

RTR's are good for beginners - take a look at what your local hobby store carries before buying a specific one though. I.e. - don't buy a Kyosho if the store only carries Ofna RTR parts for example. Waiting a week for a $3 part by mail-order sucks.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default Welcome

Welcome to the thread and new to the hobby you may want to try a kit if you want to really get some insight on how things work. I would try a kit so if you break something you can fix it yourself. Yes electric can be a good beginning as well as nitro I think cost wise also.