motor break in and maintanance????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

motor break in and maintanance????

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default motor break in and maintanance????

i've been out of rc's for quite sometime and i need to be refreshed and i need some help.

i just bought a trinity cobalt 2, 8x1 motor......i think i may have messed up the brushes already.....how would i know if i did?

what needs to be done to break in the motor i bought, or any motor?
and what needs to be done to maintain them?

thanks,
willie
Old 04-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Rookie

anyone
Old 04-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

when you say u messed up the brushes what exactly did u do to them.

Also general run in is 1 to 2 volts for 5-10mins making sure the motor doesn't get to hot
Old 04-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I don't know how to tell if the brushes are messed up but a way a lot of the trinity drivers like jeff cuffs maintain thier motors are by buying motor cleaner and spraying the motor with that then taking the brushes out and brushing them off with a fiber glass pen and then taking a comm stick (you can buy them from trinity or the local hobby shop) and use that to clean the comm the hoods and the part of the brush that contacts with the comm. Then when your done that put a couple of drops of bearing oil on both bearings ( the one at the top and bottom of the motor) and you are pretty much done. The great thing about it is you don't even have to take the motor apart just take the brushes out. Also when you spray the motor with motor cleaner spray through the vent holes and flush out the bearings. We do this so we can clean all the dirt off so we can get the best electrical connection between the comm and brushes. This also makes your motor run almost like new.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by beta bob
I don't know how to tell if the brushes are messed up but a way a lot of the trinity drivers like jeff cuffs maintain thier motors are by buying motor cleaner and spraying the motor with that then taking the brushes out and brushing them off with a fiber glass pen and then taking a comm stick (you can buy them from trinity or the local hobby shop) and use that to clean the comm the hoods and the part of the brush that contacts with the comm. Then when your done that put a couple of drops of bearing oil on both bearings ( the one at the top and bottom of the motor) and you are pretty much done. The great thing about it is you don't even have to take the motor apart just take the brushes out. Also when you spray the motor with motor cleaner spray through the vent holes and flush out the bearings. We do this so we can clean all the dirt off so we can get the best electrical connection between the comm and brushes. This also makes your motor run almost like new.
thanks! that helped alot and refreshed my memory
Old 04-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

You are most certainly welcome. If you have any more questions I'm sure I can answer them so don't be scared to ask.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by beta bob
You are most certainly welcome. If you have any more questions I'm sure I can answer them so don't be scared to ask.
thanks