Wiki Posts
Search

newb disaster zone

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default newb disaster zone

Hi Guys (and Girls)
I am a stupid limey with a Tamiya 1/10th scale ford focus.
I inherited a 35mhz 5 channel Futaba kit and have just finished putting it all together.
Unfortunately, being stupid, i mistakenly had the switch/speed controller spades in the wrong way round. The engine revved really nicely when i connected the battery!! even when the switch was off!
Now i've checked all the wires (duh!) and cannot get a peep out of anything.
Have i blown something terminal?
It didn't smell of burning or anything, and even when revving it didn't have any effect on the driven wheels.
Any idea where i may have gone wrong?
Old 02-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I doubt you toasted anything. Its hard to say whats the problem could be because I'm not sure what your describing. I sounds like you have a old step speed controller with a servo used for its position. If your turning on radio, then the car this manual speed controller should go to a nuetral position. If you can disconect the motor while setting or messin with the truck you should do so. This can prevent those high speed workbench launches we have all done at one time or another . Then you can set the trim adjustments without fear. Also If you want you could switch over to ESC and get rid of the servo and the ol' style speed controller.