Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Back to RC, have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Back to RC, have some questions

Ive been out in the RC hobby for quite some time and am coming back with a new interest in micro RC. To give an idea my last cars were a HPI nitro RS4 duratrax axis and micro rc + drifting was unheard of !!! Associated TC3 nitro was the new big thing and so was the RS4 3 ahahaha.

Anyways after watching some youtube my interest sparked again I have some basic questions before I take the plunge to micro. FYI I have a background in nitro RC but not electronics.

- Is it possible to run micro cars on street, or even a dirty parking lot? I don't want to be limited to running this in my basement and floors..

- And about running it in the home, I have tiles with grooves in between the tiles. Would this affect the cars handling and drifting abilities to the point where its not worth running it?

- can I use my receiver to run the car? or do i have to get like a micro one?

- If one can post some of their valuable links to general information on RC that would be appreciated as well. especially FAQs to micro RCing such as what car is recommenced, cars vs. trucks, general info, etc..

And check out my want to buy thread too so I can buy my next car!!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=145762
Old 01-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

someone??? we don't have to all post at once.. Also wondering how am I supposed to know which power supply to get and any complications with that.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

1) I have seen them run on 1/8 buggy tracks aswell as streets etc. so yes than can run most places

2) A say there would be a chance it would, but not 100% sure

3) As long as it fits. You don't need a micro one but if it fits it is fine

4) Have you checked out the mini section on this forum?

Cheers
Old 01-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the help. For #1 I was referring to the micro onroad cars. I am very close to purchasing one but if these micro on road cars are a problem on streets I may have to rethink things over again..

I did look at the micro section, I was hoping to find a sticky or something that had FAQ, but o well.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danz24
thanks for the help. For #1 I was referring to the micro onroad cars. I am very close to purchasing one but if these micro on road cars are a problem on streets I may have to rethink things over again..

I did look at the micro section, I was hoping to find a sticky or something that had FAQ, but o well.
Oops, never thought about on-road. A few good micro forums to check out is
http://www.yourmicro.com/

Cheers
Old 01-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Initiate

ya i looked at that site before, its soo slow, even slower than this site. This is the fastest forum I know so far when it comes to micro rc