Community
Wiki Posts
Search

electric off road

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Default electric off road

hello, i am new to r/c and am looking for a good reilable r/c that can deal with all the punishment i can dish at it! i want it to be able to jump and be fast! but unfortunetly i do not have very deep pockets ! i was looking at cars for under 250... i know that this is low and please bear with me!

Help?
Old 03-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Tech Rookie

forgot cars... associated rc10 t3, team losi xxx-t, traxxas stampede, or the rustler!
Old 03-05-2003, 07:43 PM
Regional Moderator

you should check out the XXXT ready to run. it's in the price range and will mostly have all the speed you can handle while you learn. Besides, when you want to go faster, you just get a faster motor.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default truck

i would say that you go for the rustler or the stampede because they can take what you can dish out i think that the losis and the associated are great trucks too but they are only good for racing.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default .

I would DEFINITELY suggest a Traxxas Stampede. For jumping, it is far superior to it's bigger brother the Maxx. For durability, it is also superior to the Maxx. Aftermarket wise, it doesn't receive the same attentiont the Maxx does (since the Maxx is far more expensive, the aftermarket folks know that Maxx owners have deeper pockets, hence more money to burn on parts), however it does have quite a few options for upgrades and hop-ups.

For the kit version (which doesn't include radio and ESC), you're looking at about $80. Since you're new, you may want a RTR (Ready to Run), which will go for about $160.
Old 03-23-2003, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

I would go with a traxxas rustler. It is rtr and comes with the instruction manual so you don't have to put it together but you can still understand each part. As far as jumping goes as long as you keep your suspension loose it should go off any ramp and land without any damage. It has alot of stuff to make your suspension looser or tighter, (spacers, piston heads, etc.) You can get one with an esc (electronic speed control) for around $154 and one with a msc (manual speed control) for about 135$ at www.horizonhobby.com.