Community
Wiki Posts
Search

call me crazy

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default call me crazy

last year i started a project I thought would be simple, it wasnt. I have a interactive toys snowmobile that is in the process of being modified. I went out and got a Reedy ti modified 14x2 motor for 20 bucks and proceded to chop and cut until I got the motor to slide into place perfectly. I put a double chain and sprocket set on to get the power to the track but when I hit the switch to go the motor does not get the power it needs. If I power the motor right straight off the battery it will almost spin the track right off it. So I think I need a new ESC. I am not sure how that all work though. Do I need to get a new controler too? The one I have is the stock 27mhz 2 channel remote. Do I take out the curcuit board and just run the wires from a new ESC to the motor and the steering servo. Snow is almost here and I want to play, thanks in advance for answers.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

well, i guess from the info you gave me i concluded one out of two things:

you did not program the speedcontrol right. meaning that in the process of programing it to your radio(controler), you made a mistake.

or

speed control is broken.

if i were you, i'd look for a online manual of your speed control to forsure know that you have programed it right.

hope this helps.

p.s. what speed control do you have?

also what do you mean by this:
"but when I hit the switch to go the motor does not get the power it needs"

are you saying that the motor does get some power or are you saying it gets no power? lmk. i'll try to help ya on this one.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

I havent put in a speed controler. I just wired the motor to the existing wires that the stock motor was hitched to. And when I push on the controler to make the sled go forward the motor gets power but it surges and only spins up to about half the rpm's it should. Will a new ESC take place of the curcuit board that is there and will I have to get a new reciever to control it?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

yah if your using the speed control and radio that came with the toy snowmobile i recomend you get a good controler and cheap speed control. i know a couple guys were selling some used speed controls from $30 to $50. as far as radios go, they have a good range. lmk more about the controler. thx.