Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Nitro MT2 Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry HPI Nitro MT2 Help needed

I just recently bought an MT2, and I am having trouble getting it to stay running for very long. I have managed to break it in. I believe it is running rich, but no amount of leaning will get it to run correctly. Lately the only time I could get it to run for more than a minute is if it idles high enought to move the car. Also, sometimes I cannot get the plunger in the fuel tank to prime the engine- the fuel will only get so far in the line. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Im not an expert but i had kinda the same problem as you when i first broke in my car. make sure u have the high speed fuel setting at a level that the manual recommends. the manual gives a pretty bad setting but u can work from there with it. once u get it running, make sure theres smoke coming out. if not its way too lean... if there is, try to keep it running. while its running quickly adjust the settings. keep trying this until u get it to run. if this doesnt help, make sure there are no noticable problems. if there arent any, the best thing to do it to take it to ur local hobby store, they're ur best bet.
i hope some of this helps, as i said im not really an expert

Have fun!
Old 11-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Tech Rookie

I gave your suggestion about returning the needles to stock a try- I thought I had the low speed needle turned to stock, but it wasn't. After doing that, starting it and then re-dialing it in, I got it to run very well. Thanks for the help!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Np glad to have help you... hope it runs well