Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hudy Tools, are they worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hudy Tools, are they worth it?

Well I'm looking at buying some rc tools, and I'm looking at the Hudy tools right now. Pricey, but is it worth the cost? Or what else should I be looking at? Also, are ball allen wrenches better than allen wrenches?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes definitly 100% worth it. You spend couple hundred on a car yet cheap out on tools? that dont make sense. if you dont go hudy another good brand is 'Top Racer'
Old 10-25-2006, 04:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well good tools are definitely worth buying and Hudy certainly make some good ones. I think their profitool range is really good value for money. But many manufacturers make great tools that don't cost as much as Hudy. Just make sure to get ones with a hardened tip that fits exactly and from a reputable company. Ball ends will allow you to work from difficult angles but I personally prefer a straight cut tool , I keep a cheaper set of ball end tips and they don't really see that much use.