Help with Novak Millennium Pro Please

Help with Novak Millennium Pro Please

Old 09-12-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Help with Novak Millennium Pro Please

Hi there
Can I get some help Please Please.
I need to know what setting for these batteries please.
Feral Matched IB3800
3700 GP NiMh
3300 GP NiMh
Sanyo 2400 NiCd

I Have read through the manual but still do not understand how to set up each battery mode. Please can one of you great guys help me.
What setting for each battery please
what current please
what charge please
What cell mV and pack mV

And where does volt threshold come into it please

I am a NOOB to this type of charger and use to race off road electric 20 years ago. Please forgive my stupidity.
If I could get help I would be so happy.
Thank you
Addam
Old 09-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't worry, you're not being stupid, it can be a little overwhelming at first, but that's what we're here for, to try to make sense of it. Now really, the Voltage Threshold is the most important adjustment you'll need to make with different kinds of batteries, but most of the rest you can set one way & leave them alone. For all the batteries you mentioned, just use the Linear NiCd charge mode(you can use NiMh mode on the 3000's, 3300's 3700's & 3800's, but it's really not neccessary, & it takes away your control over the voltage threshold, which you need), & for a decent compromise between punch & long battery life I'd charge at 5 amps(but 6 amps will give the packs a bit more punch, at the expense of a little cell life, so that choice is up to you). Now, about the threshold, that's what determines how long the charger waits after the pack has peaked before it shuts itself off, & to control it, you adjust the voltage threshold & the number of cells you're charging(but it's best to keep it set for the number of cells in your packs, I don't think I'd mess with trying a 4 cell mode with a 6 cell pack, or similarly the other way around, just set it to 6 cells for a 6 cell pack). For 3800, 3700's & 3300's a 5mV threshold should work fine(the way that works is you multiply that number by the number of cells in the pack, & that determines just how much of a voltage drop it'll look for before shutting off, so a 5mV setting for a 6 cell pack means that the charger will look for the pack voltage to drop by 0.030 volts & then shut off, as 5 x 6 = 30). Now for 3000's, I'm not as sure(it's been awhile since I used any, but you might try 5mV to start, & if they get slightly warm as they peak, then you're ok, but if they don't warm up then you need to use a higher threshold, just go up one mV at a time till it charges the pack to that slightly warm state), & for 2400, those are NiCd's & will need a MUCH higher threshold, more like 12mV(I'd start there & see if they come out like the others, if they don't warm up then go up like I mentioned before). When the packs are properly charged, they should be warm to the touch, maybe in the 120-130 degree F range, & that's a good sign they're fully charged & ready to run....
Old 09-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thank's Grizzbob
so much, This is what I am after.
Thank you so much for your help.
Best wishes
Addam
Old 09-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No prob, glad I could help...