Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New equipment???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 08:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New equipment???

I am brand spankin' new to r/c cars. I just purchased a RS4 rally kit. I have ordered a futaba 2PHKA w/ s3003 servo and R122JE AM Receiver. I also am planning on getting a novak rooster esc. The motor I think I am getting is a Trinity Speed Gem Pro Amber 17T Double Motor. Do these all seem OK? Mostly I will be just bashing in the backyard and in my neighborhood, no plans of racing anytime soon. What batteries should I get? I know it varies alot, but I want a somewhat decent runtime. Please help!!
Old 12-18-2002, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

It sounds like an alright begginers kit. If you wanted to race you would need a few hop ups (maybe). radio gear is fine speedo is fine, could go a little lower on the motor ( maybe 15x2 ). As for batteries: anything from good 1700mah + does your car run stick packs? if it does you can get a pack for around $40 AUD. anything higher than 1700mah = more run time + more $$$
Old 12-18-2002, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is truely a perfect starting point if you are considering bashing. Get used to the car with that motor then move up.

If you race later on, you have a good starting point, maybe you'd like to run stock or mod (Obviously have to change motor to be competitive or legal for that matter), but you can go anywhere from the gear you have.
In terms of batteries, try to buy the best cells you can afford. But remember that certain cells, (3000's, etc) need a slightly better charger to get the most out of them. But you LHS will always be happy to help you with these things and steer you in the right direction.
Hope I could help.
Cheers