Wiki Posts
Search

Tires/Servo barely moves

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tires/Servo barely moves

Hey guys,

I'm new here, and to RC cars in general, and have a problem. I recently bought a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium, and crashed it the other night into a curb. Wasn't too bad, but it messed up my steering alignment. I've already reset the servo to neutral multiple times, but when I turn the radio and tramsmitter on, it makes odd adjustments, both when I adjusted it offline, and online. I took the steering servo apart, and all of the gears are in great shape. Could I have messed something up electrically? Right now when I get the servo perfectly centered I can barely turn the wheels 15 degrees in either direction. At first I thought it was low batteries, but I've replaced them with brand new ones... for whatever reason I can barely turn my wheels, did I destroy my servo? Everything else on my car is running fine.

Right now I'm stuck spinning in left circles... a bit annoying if you know what I mean

Thanks in advance.

-Mike
Old 04-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

check there is nothing binding the steering mechanism lke a rock or something is bent
Old 04-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Nothing is binding and nothing is bent...
Old 04-02-2006, 03:02 AM
Tech Addict

ok mare sure your servo screws arnt done up to tight (did this yesterday actualy, and i was trying to work out why 1 $120 KO servo was slow as a 3003)

check that none of your kingpins are done up to tight, make sure none or teh linkages are touching the car or other parts eg electroncs

see how u go
Old 04-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Well, I centered the servo again this morning just for the sake of it, and now everything is working... bizarre. Thanks for the replys.