Community
Wiki Posts
Search

idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 03:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation idle problem

once again g'day to every one well i did it i bought my self kyosho i must say its brilliant. ok my problem the car starts no prob will idle only if glow plug heater is plugged in once i take it out after a few secs it turns off ? can any one help me . thanks
Old 02-10-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

one of three things could be going on here....1. your glow plug may need replaced, I have seen glow plugs give out over odd things. 2. Your settings could be a little too rich, the glow ignighter keeps the plug hot enough to overcome the rich setting but when its pulled off the excess fuel flames out the plug. 3. Its cold out! how hot of a plug are you using? typically if your going to run your vehicle in cold weather you need a warmer plug to keep from flamming out. this is just my .02 good luck
Old 02-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i agree, if you are driving in a cold place, then when you get it started, rev it a little high to get it nice and warm, for about 10 - 20 seconds depending on how cold it is. then take the starter off, and away you go! also make sure your idle screw is set correctly. lean it a bit too.

hope that will help!!!

Last edited by Johnathan; 02-11-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

john,
i'm not trying to start a fight here but your answers in my opinion are going to confuse godfather1. I don't know how long you have been around nitro engines but if it is sputtering out richening it is only going to worsen the problem, its flamming out more fuel=more likely to flame out. if it was to lean it would be going into a hi idle situation. the idle stop screw would not be the problem either considering it idles fine when the glow ignighter is on the plug.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile

thanks for the reply's ill try them all out they make sence well almost once again thanks

Old 02-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brockh
john,
i'm not trying to start a fight here but your answers in my opinion are going to confuse godfather1. I don't know how long you have been around nitro engines but if it is sputtering out richening it is only going to worsen the problem, its flamming out more fuel=more likely to flame out. if it was to lean it would be going into a hi idle situation. the idle stop screw would not be the problem either considering it idles fine when the glow ignighter is on the plug.
sorry, u r right, i meant to say lean it out , instead of richen. ill edit it corrected.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

well just an update not sure what i did but it seems to be running ok and yes it was to do with the air and ptral mixturs never thougt this could be so much fun