Stock Nationals

Old 07-15-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Legend

Wondering ....
What is Roar gona do to make sure this does not happen again in 2006 ?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
George - then, do something about it and get the rules changed. We discussed this already and you were starting a good thing with your earlier posts today.

George... read above quote... We already discussed this... what is ROAR membership gonna do?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Tech Legend

Well Dawn , I`m just like Tim......

If Roar cared about us Master`s & Junior`s , maybe I could feel the same bout Roar...
Old 07-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Ok George.... apparently you haven't been reading - just argueing today's problem in your mind with ROAR. Didn't you just tell me in a PM that you were not going to pursue this any longer on this site and you would do what you could to make changes to the rules for future events?

Master's has traditionally brought forward 15 to 18 entrys at the off road stock nats.. no sense in argueing that, the records show that. If a host chooses to use those 15 to 18 slots to fill another class, that is required, that is their choice. ROAR will not mandate how a facility is to run an event other than the rules are followed and all safety guidelines are in place. ROAR is a sanctioning body to promote RC Racing by providing a set rule book and specifications of vehicls to ensure safety and competitive fairness.

Enough with this, ok? Do you think its fair a business must take the abuse they are taking over a decision they chose while designing an event? Tracks don't typically run races just for the simple pleasure of YOU - they must do things in order to stay in business and maybe, just maybe, this was SRS's decision. I don't know and honestly, not my place to ask.

If you don't like the fact they aren't running Masters - then don't go. And, petition a track in your area to bid for the event next year.

This entire conversation is ridiculous. I don't like they aren't running masters either but enough ROAR bashing and your simple attitudes that ROAR is ruining your life and you refuse to rejoin over one decision a host track made. Then, don't renew your membership. That's your choice.

If you would like to ask any other questions or make any other comments regarding the Stock Nationals, please do so. Otherwise, this thread has served its purpose and will be closed. It won't be deleted as there is information in here that is helpful but it will be closed should this conversation continue about trashing on ROAR or a good host track holding a ROAR event.

This is a ROAR forum and ROAR has every right to limit the negativity that has no purpose or function. Complaints are fine and the point of this forum is to understand the members views but if we can't act like adults here then we'll have to move on and close down completely.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

BTW - I have spoken with Gary Bennett and Scott Anfinson regarding the 'hang up' issue and all is resolved.

To be blunt, if you had been receiving abusive phone calls over several hours during a business day and you felt you were receiving another one, you might hang up as well.

Gary was not abusive in the conversation - at all - not to infer that - simply put, he called at the very wrong time and he was given the brunt of frustration.

Apologies all around.

Time to move on now.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone read the rule books anymore?? I know that question is a "sore topic" after some of the races held earlier this year, and I don't even want to get into that...

However, This bit of information is taken directly from the rule book off of roar's website, heres the link--

http://roarracing.com/rules/pdfs/NatsGuide05.pdf

anyways-- rule 27.1-- seems to have the words "stock off-road" "required classes" and "masters truck" in the same rule.

1. REQUIRED CLASSES and ENTRY LIMITS
26.3. ROAR required classes are well-established, popular classes, as well as the current IFMAR
classes. Current IFMAR classes will always be required regardless of actual IFMAR qualifying
years. ROAR will try to keep the required classes to a minimum, to provide Nationals Hosts an
opportunity to showcase favorite, popular local classes.
27. STOCK OFF-ROAD
27.1. Required Classes are:
 2WD Buggy
 4WD Buggy
 2WD Truck.
 Juniors 2WD Buggy
 Masters 2WD Truck
27.2. Juniors and Masters may enter other classes, but not in the same type vehicle.
27.3. The following drivers may not enter the Stock Off-Road National:
 Drivers who are currently qualified for an IFMAR World Championship or have participated in
the 2 previous Off-Road World
 All drivers having placed in either the A or B mains in a ROAR Modified Off-Road National in
the last two years.
27.4. If the Modified Off-Road National precedes the Stock Off-Road National, any driver who
finishes in the top 10% (rounded up) of any modified class may not enter the Stock Off-road
National for that vehicle type.
27.5. Race durations are specified in ROAR rule 5.1.4
27.6. Entry limit is 300 vehicles or 30 heats.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

unfortunately, the national guidelines were revamped/rewritten/reformatted with the 2005 rule book and the addition of masters and juniors as required classes is a misprint and should not be there. Masters truck and Juniors buggy is and has been for several years an optional class to offer at any national event.

This was the information given to the host track and documented with the Excomm. Regardless, the host track was given permission to not offer Master's as it is not a required class.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Regional Moderator

Talking

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
unfortunately, the national guidelines were revamped/rewritten/reformatted with the 2005 rule book and the addition of masters and juniors as required classes is a misprint and should not be there. Masters truck and Juniors buggy is and has been for several years an optional class to offer at any national event.

This was the information given to the host track and documented with the Excomm. Regardless, the host track was given permission to not offer Master's as it is not a required class.
I'm sorry that your in this position Dawn. It is my understanding after the last debacle at the carpet Nat's that the online rule book was the standard. So that updated rules could be published to all members. (not backdoor deals from the Excomm). Current rule online states that this class in question is required.

Look on the bright side at least it's not 2 weeks before the Nat's.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:29 AM
Tech Legend

O-Man !

Imagine that ?

Roar getting bossed around by Roar rules !

Well yeah know ?
I`ll bet mola the nice roar folks & those super folks at Srs will work together and figure this all out .

BDW

Dawn , If Gary Bennett gave me a call, I would of hung up too !
Old 07-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

So, let me get this strait, Roar's rules online aren't correct. By saying this, I am to assume that if there is "one miss-print" in the ROAR rule book, I am sure that there is more of them....... Now be careful on how you answer that one, it might be used against you in future arguments, when roar "fumbles" again. *Note my choice to use "when" and not "if"

So, with that aside, how are we supposed to follow the rules that "might" be wrong, or "might" have typo's?? How is ROAR supposed to follow rules that might be wrong or could have typo's?? How do "I" get a copy of the rules that you are following? Do I have to know some one on the Excomm to get the actuall rules that will actually be followed. Because if there's different rules that I should be following as a racer, or enforcing as a track, I want to know.

You say--"This was the information given to the host track and documented with the Excomm. Regardless, the host track was given permission to not offer Master's as it is not a required class." --

Opposing info was posted on YOUR web site, in YOUR rule book! Which was updated for the 2005 season. It shouldn't matter if they were given permision to not run the class, because in YOUR rulebook on YOUR site it says that it is required to run that class. To allow them to cut this class, is the same as allowing one person to run an illeagle motor, or battery.

You say this is a "typo", It might be, but this is more than a typo, this is a chance to enforce a rule that is printed, from the same rule book that every roar race in the country goes by! You could turn this around and make the class happen, or you could sit by the way side and let the "host" track push you around and do what "they" want.... remember they are hosting ROAR's race, that have to do what you want them to have done...

If you really wanted this class to stay you would use this "typo", as you call it, to your advantage. You can use the Rule in favor of keeping the class this year, or you can use the "typo" excuse and dump it. So.......show us where YOU stand.

After all, if Roar can't make and follow it's own rules....... What's it there for??
Old 07-16-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The online version of the rules is 'supposed' to be updated whenever there is a change or a typo. The printed version is 'supposed' to be updated yearly with all changes from the previous year.

Sadly, the printed version this year outright sucks. There are a tremendous amount of mistakes. You can blame the former competition director for that one.

The online version never gets updated. Why? The list is long...ranging from 'the guy that does it is out of the country' to 'we need to discuss it' to 'I don't know why'.

Coming from the inside, I can tell you that some of the Ex Com are overloaded. Their want to do right surpasses there time or authority. I know that more volunteers are needed. Certainly the updateing of the rule book is one of them. Who's volunteering to help out with that?
Old 07-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Legend

Will somebody please tell me why there`s is now a special set of Roar rules that nobody knows about ?

Sorry Raff but I have say, you are standing on very weak ground on this one....
Old 07-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by teambighead
You say this is a "typo", It might be, but this is more than a typo, this is a chance to enforce a rule that is printed, from the same rule book that every roar race in the country goes by! You could turn this around and make the class happen, or you could sit by the way side and let the "host" track push you around and do what "they" want.... remember they are hosting ROAR's race, that have to do what you want them to have done...
Bighead, If ROAR did "turn this around" like you put it, I would bet that there would be a whole new set of whiners complaining about that as well, or some other stupid problem. No wonder I don't play with these things, if I did whiners like you would piss me off and I would probably start breaking stuff, or set my pits on fire!
Old 07-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

THREAD CLOSED.

Please refer to new thread discussing the inclusion of Master's Truck at the 2005 ROAR Off Road Stock Nationals.

Dawn Sanchez
Moderator, ROAR Forums of RC Tech
ROAR Promotions Director